req: bilstien 5150 part no.s for 4" sua Lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.phat42.com
Hi guys,

I'm trying to track down some Bilstien's here in Queensland australia, and talking with the local distributor about particular models of bilstien shocks they have nothing in their catalogue that sounds familar..

I was hoping some of you that have them could quote a part number that they might be able to cross reference in their system/catalogue here..

also.. can you advise how these shocks are valved or if you got custom valving for them? I have a 4" SUA lift with longer springs and shackles and my current pro comp es9000's are pretty soft, this means that we get thrown around more than usual in the cab than normal if there were firmer springs.

Are the 5150's the recommended shocks for 40's with this much lift? or are the 5100's a better shock? Any tips/advice or comments are appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew

I got the 5125's on a soa 40 with 2" lift springs. The shocks are ordered by compressed and extended length. you find what you need on their website.
I can tell you I switched from procomp es300's to bilstein 5125 220/70 and the bilsteins are softer but perform way better on washboard and such.
IMO the bilsteins aloow you to drive faster/smoother but the sway in corners is a little more. I will check the site and post some #'s.

Thanks guys,

Im aware that I will have to get proper measurements before ordering shocks. Mr_Manny, your thread helps heaps in what to look for.. someone quoted the following part no: bilstein/5100 BE5-6249-HO 29.70 17.91 11.79

In regards to part no, i realise there are several different type of shock types and I thought that the 5100,51xx series was a specific shock type (monotube design, or something like that?) which would help the distributor be able to get a better idea of what model they need to look for (looks like it could be a BE5 model)
Cheers

Andrew

still welcome any other feedback on teh bilstiens, the price in AU is considerable so any more info in regards to this will help my purchase desicion.. I have paid $100-$120AUD per corner for Pro Comp ES9000's. I have seen quotes of around $185AUD for Bilstiens, so this gives you an idea why i need to carefully consider this prior to purchase.

I have blistein shocks, excellent ride quality and flex real nice, however, they do allow the rig to sway side to side around turns.:frown:

could the reason why the tub gets moved around heaps be because the current shocks are valved too stiff? therefore they are not compressing/expanding quick enough and are transfering the movement through to the chassis/tub?

could the reason why the tub gets moved around heaps be because the current shocks are valved too stiff? therefore they are not compressing/expanding quick enough and are transfering the movement through to the chassis/tub?

It's because you have no sway bar. Overly stiff shocks will do what a sway bar is supposed to do, but the ride sucks. You have to choose to either deal with the roll, or get rid of it. Using shocks to get rid of roll is like shooting your foot off to get rid of toenail fungus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom