Good knife sharpener? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
attachment.php

I'm looking to get a good sharpener for my knife in the pic. It obviously needs to be able to sharpen serrated and straight edge. Right now I'm looking at getting the spyderco triangle sharpmaker 204.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Pic no workie for me. I have an old school round ceramic sharpener "V" setup, a Spyderco ceramic "V" setup as well as the Lansky diamond system. The Lansky gives the best edge by far but the stone for serrated edges is just a Spyderco white triangular ceramic cut in half.

I've seen the edge pro, but it's quite expensive. Is it fairly easy to operate?

For 619toy my knife is a SOG Flash. I'll research the Lansky system.

My sharpening system uses the lansky and spyderco sharpmaker. I can make a blade beyond razor sharp, I can get it breathtakingly sharp.

I use the lansky to re-angle the edge so that it's at a sharper angle than the spyderco. The normal lansky stones are much faster than the ceramic spyderco. Then I use the spyderco to make the final edge as I feel it gets it sharper. Note that I've never used the diamond version of the lansky.

I had a friend send me his knife and I sharpened it for him. When I sent it back he immediately called me and asked how I could get it so sharp and what sharpeners he needs to buy. If you get only the spyderco ceramic stones, it'll take forever to sharpen a really dull blade. Either get the diamond add-on or use something else that takes off a lot of metal fast.

I've seen the edge pro, but it's quite expensive. Is it fairly easy to operate?

For 619toy my knife is a SOG Flash. I'll research the Lansky system.

It is quite expensive; even more so if you buy it with more stones. It is trivially easy to use and the setup is such that it is pretty impossible to screw up the blade. It is also fast and does produce fantastic edges. For me, it was the right solution.

Thanks aim, did some reading about them and they sound pretty nice. They offer a free mail-in sharpening that I think I'll take advantage of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom