Wanted WTB: FJ80 LC Coils (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Guys, I recently purchased some LC coils and they are way to big (4.5 inches of lift on 3rd gen 4runner). I need to either replace them soon, or cut them? Does anyone have a set laying around that i could pick up... I really dont want to spend a whole lot since im a college student, but I will do what i gotta do to get them. Is there anything wrong with cutting them?

Which ones did you put on? What the color code on them? I've been looking for a set "on here" for a while but most are LX450 springs.

I just found some. This guy has a few different ones laying around though. Apparently 92 LC's have 8/9 wraps 94' have 7 wraps. WTF? PM me if you want his number. He's got some OME891's laying around too!

Still need some coils folks... Front 95-97 appearantly are the ones i want... the 91-94's are 8 wraps, and I need 7... ANYONE? My rake looks rediculously stupid... just wanna fix it!

Where you be @ ?

I have front and rear lx springs free for pick up, or one million dollars shipped.

In norcal

Must not want them to bad?? Yoour going to have the same problem if you put LX springs on.....

Where you be @ ?

I have front and rear lx springs free for pick up, or one million dollars shipped.

In norcal

PM'ed... I would like a measurement and the number wraps if/when you get a chance?

LX springs..

f = 20.5" 9 wraps?
r = 19" 7 wraps?
P1010001.jpg

Yea unfortunately those are the big ones... I need 7 wraps! Thanks anyway!

I may have a set next week. Once I get my OME springs on I can check my stockers. You're looking for fronts with 7 wraps right?

I told a guy last night to put em' up on YT but I see there gone already. Geeze these things are hot!

I may have a set next week. Once I get my OME springs on I can check my stockers. You're looking for fronts with 7 wraps right?

Yup... 7 wraps... front coils... How many miles would they have? How much?

Not true, they are soft but apparently they have 9 wraps and are taller overall. 97 LX 450 coils are a dime a dozen out there. The 7's are a quest. I had a guy tell me there's no difference between 91-97 springs until he put 94's next to another set from another year and there was a noticable difference.

There are a whole bunch of differences. I had two 94s that did not have the same color codes. The earlier ones 91 and 92 are slightly taller. What I'm not understanding is how this would greatly effect the lift when using them on 4runner. None of them are more than about a 1/4" difference in free height no matter what the color is, but I haven't compared the LXs. And since the Cruisers all sat about the same height from the factory and the weight really didn't change significantly after 93 why are they different in height on a 4Runner? I understand that the spring rate is different depending upon the number of wraps but the free height and loaded height doesn't seem to be much different at least when used on a Cruiser.

I got mine out of a 92 fj80 and they are 8 or 8.5 wrap and yielded 4.5 inches int he back which is more than i can keep up with up front without breaking s***!

TRDatVT, there's a place in Denver called Yotayard. They have coils there. However, I called them for some and they wanted 75 bucks each for them. You can buy new for just over 60. After they did that to me, I promtly wrote them a nice letter concerning good buisness pratices and how far it goes when you try to jack someone. You may want to give them a call and see what they have. I guess other people on YT have done business with them and had no issues. Since you know excatly what you want it wouldn't hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom