Linex or Speedliner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am planning on getting the interior of my rig lined with a yellow:banana: colorered liner later this spring, and don't want rhino liner because of the low heat application. Common sense tells me that high heat application like Linex or Speedliner would be better because a heated material will flow into every nook and cranny and probably grab better. My concern is UV resistance, because the interior will be exposed to the sun a few weeks per year in the summer. Any thoughts? Thanks

M

All kinds of threads on this but just .02.I would never put Rhino in a bed but I would never put Linex on the inside of a tub.I have Linex in the bed of my Mega Cab and have seen it on lots of others and I feel it is the best looking of the liners for todays beds that have formed stampings for sectioning off the bed with 2 bys or other systems. It has not cracked torn or done anyting but perform.It has also ripped the H___ out of my skin when I have loaded and unloaded gear or slipped off the gate getting in and out. That is why I didn't put it inside my 80 years ago.Rhino on the inside of my 80 has been there for 3 years. never a problem the surface is not slippery but it also does not rip you hads searching for that droped item on the floor. Mine is grey with black speckles applied and is a great match for the interior trim.When my 40 gets done the inside will be Rhino.

Line-x in colors fades. end of story. might be a few years, but it will fade. I was a Line-x applicator and switched to extreme liner.;)

I am planning on getting the interior of my rig lined with a yellow:banana: colorered liner later this spring, and don't want rhino liner because of the low heat application. Common sense tells me that high heat application like Linex or Speedliner would be better because a heated material will flow into every nook and cranny and probably grab better. My concern is UV resistance, because the interior will be exposed to the sun a few weeks per year in the summer. Any thoughts? Thanks

M

Just an FYI, when the 2 chemicals that make up a Rhino Lining mix together as you're spraying it on, the chemical reaction takes it up to about 220F. And, the UV topcoat that we use fades at the rate of automobile paint and can be sprayed to match virtually any automobile paint code.

I did my Gozzard tub with grey roll-on rhino liner...I was concerned about overspray...and it turned out fantastic. As previously suggested, it doesn't tear you to shreds when you are crawling around or grabbing stuff. It got into every nook and cranny, and was a consistant texture with a brush and roller...Prep work is key, esp on 'glass, and time consuming,but I would highly recommend it. Be happy to send pics to anyone interested...

I would imagine yellow tinted liner would just get more yellow out in the sun. Perhaps a bit lighter but it's not like the fading will have a drastic color change.

anyone ever hear of armacoating?

they were one of the first i believe to heat their stuff so it goes on very smooth. can't get it in colors i don't think but its great stuff.

thats what i am going to have the underside of my truck done in

WOOPS It was Herculiner that I used on my tub...tinted grey...used Rhino on a pal's....sorry for the confusion..maybe I inhaled too much? : )

i will give you my .02 since i have linex in my cruiser. dont do it. it of all things has a very fast cure time, i have spots were it did not flow into the body seams and it is a very hard liner. run your knuckles over it and it will take the skin off. on the other hand my dad had his early bronco lined with rhino lining. slower cure time , and it flowed in all the seams. rhino is also nice and grippy if you have dogs or dont like your luggage sliding all over. if i had to do it over i would rhino line. my linex always looks dirty , if i pressure wash it it helps alot. hard to clean. got to the dealers in your area and see the finished products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom