Broken Tail Light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I made a little mistake and got into some real slippery ice/slush/mud and caught a branch which took out part of my passenger side tail light... What will I need to replace? Would I be correct to assume that they sell just the lens or will I get shafted into buying a whole new assembly? What should I pay for one of these?

I hesitate repairing it since I'm sure it will get broken again but I'd rather not get a ticket :doh:

damage-1.jpg

Time to upgrade!
Sorry haha, I'm not a fan of those kind of lights :)
I don't think you can just buy the lens to replace the broken one, you need to buy the whole left or right side new taillight assembly.And for sure can't beat CDan price ;)
Damn. So uh, who has a local junkyard with 80s in it? :D I just can't justify the price of a new set when it's going to get broken again.

FWIW, if you get one from a junk yard, make sure it's OEM. My PO banged up the PS rear 1/4 and the after market replacement they used had faded so badly I had to re-colour it with clear red model paint!

FWIW, if you get one from a junk yard, make sure it's OEM. My PO banged up the PS rear 1/4 and the after market replacement they used had faded so badly I had to re-colour it with clear red model paint!
Thanks, I'll make sure to check :) I think clear model paint looks better than now though :lol:
light-2.jpg

Next time, keep the pieces. I've glued mine back together with 5 minute epoxy and you can't tell it was ever broken from 5 feet away. Not for the OCD, but good for those of us who know they will break it again.

-Spike

Thanks for the plug, Tim.;)

As they say... "To each their own":D

As it has been mentioned you might want to try your local junk yard or try somebody like "cruiserparts" online.

Good luck!

Mot

Damn. So uh, who has a local junkyard with 80s in it? :D I just can't justify the price of a new set when it's going to get broken again.

I think :idea: I might know someone who is about to have a stock set of these from a 93 available in the very near future. PM me if you might be interested.

Next time, keep the pieces. I've glued mine back together with 5 minute epoxy and you can't tell it was ever broken from 5 feet away. Not for the OCD, but good for those of us who know they will break it again.

-Spike
Ah, why didn't I think of that :eek: Maybe I'll have to drive back out there today and look around.
I think :idea: I might know someone who is about to have a stock set of these from a 93 available in the very near future. PM me if you might be interested.
PM on the way :)
Thanks for the plug, Tim.

As they say... "To each their own"

As it has been mentioned you might want to try your local junk yard or try somebody like "cruiserparts" online.

Good luck!

Mot
I just checked Cruiserparts and it would appear he doesn't have a used tail light listed - just a single new one for $99. Kinda expensive to break again haha.

Last edited:

Do a search on www.car-part.com.
It's a nationwide database of junkyards.

A used one might match better anyway due to aging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom