78 fj 40 wheels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 78 fj 40 I purchased with 33 X 12.50 tires. I am looking to get back to smaller tires and would like to get a set of 5 stock toyota white spoke wheels ( are these 6 inch?). My goal is to get my tires back under the fenders so they don't throw mud all over my rig! Would like to find some close to Arkansas.

Thanks

I don't think you should mount 12.50s on any 6" rim. I doubt you will find a tire shop that will do that.
What are you using currently for rims?

GL

Ed

I have a set of wheels that are as new with new powder coating, they are resto quality and not cheap.

PM email for pics and or price......33x10.5 BFG's look sweet

The white stock Toy wagon wheels are '80+ and they are 6" wide. 10.5" width would be the widest that would work well on them. 32x10.5 swampers would look great.

I missed the white spoke part, Mine are correct for 78.

OE FJ40 wheels are 5.5 wide and FJ60, 62 are 6.0 wide.

Shane

If you mean the same one as these, I have a set...this is on my '83
my83.jpg

Where are you and how much do you want for them? Will the small black hubs you can get from cool cruisers fit on these rims? Are they 6 inch rims?

Thanks

I have 8 inch chrome rims with 33x12.50 sport king AT radials. I want to go to more of a stock look with more narrow rims and smaller tires. I do not have power steering and these things will break your arm when they hit a rut. It also wanders on some paved roads. I am looking to improving the handling, thinking about 31X10.5 R15 or 30X9.5 R15 or 2355/75R15 on either stock white rims or the older gray rims with hub caps. Would like the sell the chome rims and 33X12.50's to someone with power steering!

Waht size tires are those in the picture?

Wheels

78 would have had the gray wheels and chrome hubs. White spokes would look good too but tecnically not correct. I just put some 30x9.50's on a 79 without power steering and the difference is huge. It had 33x12.50's on aluminum wheels on it and they were a total PITA without PS.

Will the 80 stock white spokes work on a 78? Do you think 31X10.50's would drive ok with no power steering or would you stay with the 30X9.50?

I have 33/9.50 bfg at's on my 79 without power and have had 31/10.5's on it and it hasn't ever been hard to steer. Of course I am really really strong so I wouldn't know but my wife can drive it with no complaints. That is to say no complaints about the steering anyway.

I have the 33/9.50's on chrome 60 series wheels that I robbed off of my 60 when its clutch went democrat on me. I'm going to put these rims and tires back on my 60 and am going to replace them with some stock steels with 33/10.5' bfg muds. cruiserparts.net has them for $40 each plus 15 each shipping. They want 45 for the white spokes or the 60 series chromes. They also carry the hub caps new and used. I looked into the powdercoat and decided against it because it can't be touched up if it chips. I'm just going to sand blast, prime and use good paint.

I also have a complete factory p.s. unit i'm installing soon.

Last edited:
Where are you and how much do you want for them? Will the small black hubs you can get from cool cruisers fit on these rims? Are they 6 inch rims?

Thanks

PM me for price, not sure what hubs ccot has, but these are factory Toyota rims, same as FJ60 in white.

I have a 78 fj 40 I purchased with 33 X 12.50 tires. I am looking to get back to smaller tires and would like to get a set of 5 stock toyota white spoke wheels ( are these 6 inch?). My goal is to get my tires back under the fenders so they don't throw mud all over my rig! Would like to find some close to Arkansas.

Thanks
I believe that CCOT still sells the OEM white wheels new, but they are expensive. I bought 5 used chrome wheels from cruiserparts.net and had them blasted and powdercoated white for a lot less. They came out great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom