Poll: what is is your primary wheeling objective for your 80? (1 Viewer)

What is your primary objective / wish as far as using / building the rig for wheeling

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yes, all that's possible, and I've enjoyed several types of wheeling myself, but surely one can choose a *favorite* activity or *main* objective, no? I think that makes the poll clearer.

verdict is: Exped is "in"!

I am not a rock crawler mainly because I cannot afford it but have always wound up off-road anyway, got really tired of getting my 2wd trucks stuck in mud or sand or not finding out what is over there because they just could not do it. after my Silverado turned out to be a flop (bad engine) wanted something that could be a reliable DD, comfortable on my long freeway commute, look presentable, get better gas mileage and when needed capable in difficult terrain.

So far even with no lift and smaller than stock tires my 80 has not let me down in any of these requirements. I am not sure if of any other vehicle that fills all of those needs so well.

"expedition" sounds a little high falutin and i could have said to go somewhere offroad to camp and fish, but basically it is expedition. most of the time I am looking for long through routes to see parts of BC I have not seen before. It is pretty cool to live in a place where you can drive 100s of miles of gravel road.

i've noticed more rock guys as the price goes down for an 80 so it's not so painful to bash the crap out of it. most people on here paid decent money for their 80 and aren't really looking to do it in, so the mix on the votes seems natural to me

I think the questionare is too narrow. Because you can explore on a paved road in something else than a cruiser.
I think what makes me tick is being able to go places most people can't get to. Be it on top of rocks or in the middle of no where.

Alvaro

I voted for the recreation sites, but easily could have voted for camping sites or work sites.

Ditto! I also would like to add camping, fishing and hunting.

ttt for newbs

ttt for newbs

Eric, why would you bring this poll to the top? How about you do all the polls you want in the 100's section.

This is a tough one, since I occasionally do all of them, and all of them matter.

I had to put expedition, since that's the real reason I have the 80. It's the best "go anywhere and always get back" vehicle on the planet.

I sometimes do hard core rock crawling, but it's not frequent enough to put it at the top of the list.

I often use it to get to a great rock climbing or mountain biking spot, but other vehicles could do that for me as well.

I think the broad range of capabilities provided by the 80 show the best in an expedition type trip. That's my vote.

Expedition...I'm a little gun shy on the more technical because I can't afford the time, money, and lack of vehicle after flipping the beast on some slickrock. Though I do enjoy rolling around in some mud now and then.

I chose expedition because I take several trips into the desert areas of California, Nevada, Oregon and Washington every year to find reptiles. I am an avid snake hunter and this often puts me out in the middle of nowhere. I needed a rig that could hold the whole family plus all our gear and get me there and back without breaking down. I can't imagine a better rig for this than the 80.

I do enjoy rolling around in some mud now and then.

Uh-Oh, I thought we weren't supposed to admit such things on this website :D

... newbs

We certainly have had a lot of new 80 owners over the past 2 months. :D

Eric, would you be interested in going back through the introductions over the past 2 months and getting us a count by week? Maybe with their ID's too? You'll have to read each "hi I'm new" thread because quite a few guys have tagged on to other's intros. I think this would be worthwhile.

-B-

whats up guys! i voted expedition wheeling, i love seeing new places. especially the back roads. im always lookimg for a better campsite and the more remote the better. i want to be able to get to most places. i wouldnt mind a little of all the choices. if its outdoors im there!

Expeditionary use for me. I beat up my Cherokee daily and the wife drives the LX.

I'm building the '96 to be the reliable, built, bug-out rig. Ready for some cool weekend sight-seeing...or the apocolypse.

Whichever comes first.:D

I chose exploration, but during that exploration I always enjoy wetting a line. And mudbogging/water crossings are just part of the game up here, every trail has these.

I vote we send e back to the 100's section where he belongs...................

I vote we send e back to the 100's section where he belongs...................

Wait 'till he finishes getting us a list of new 80 owners. I'm serious.

-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom