Tucson run Dec 30 or 31 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What she said.

Boy am I tired.

If we had started an hour later, I... would still be tired. And probably still on the freeway.

-Spike

The Gap snow run was a blast, great way to finish out the year! We also did New Year's Eve last year in Tucson, maybe it should be a tradition?:cool:

Got some good pix and stories, but need a nap first... OK just a couple, look Ross does wheel!:flipoff2:
12-31-2006_1.jpg
12-31-2006_2.jpg
12-31-2006_3.jpg

Alvin, thanks for leading another great New Year's Eve Run! Hope you get the tire situation addressed. Too tired to resize pictures, but here's a few of Ross mastering the "Unsurvivable Obstacle"...:cool:
DSC03148.jpg
DSC03151.jpg
DSC03153.jpg

Happy New Year to all!! What a great run! I would love to make New Years Eve Tucson run a tradition, but I only get that day off when it's on a weekend. I'll see what I can do about that.
My jaw doesn't hurt as bad as expected. I still think Spike hit me and not the hi-lift!:hillbilly:
I guess driving all day AND getting clocked in the jaw take a lot out of a fella. I crashed out at 9:30. Champagne is still in the fridge, unopened.

Thanks to every one who joined in, this was a memorable trip. I conquered the step, Ross conquered his fears, flat tires, torn off flares, fuel pump kaput, hi-lift hi-jinks, wheeling in the dark, snow and mud, cows in the middle of the trail, and some really cool people. Thats what it's all about! :cheers:

Spike at the top of the elevator, Claudia coming down a rutted face, and me just about over "the step"
DSC01547.jpg
DSC01561.jpg
DSC01570.jpg

Chuck goin up the boatramp, Brett gettin over "the step", and starting the climb to the Gap
DSC01585.jpg
DSC01589.jpg
DSC01601.jpg

Snow on the mountains, me on approach and goin over
DSC01605.jpg
DSC01608.jpg
DSC01613.jpg

These pics say it all :cheers:
DSC01556.jpg
DSC01616.jpg

Well, Hannah and I had a great time. You couldn't ask for a better group of people. Thanks for all the spotting help from Kevin and Michael. I had a great time. I have no pictures to share, just some thoughts.

Poor Alvin caught alot of grief about the early/late start, the position of the sun, too much moon light, the presence/absence of snow and many other things. Otherwise I think Alvin did OK as a trail leader :cheers: I think there were references to his striptease act on the trail, but I think only Ben was lucky (?) enough to catch the act. I made the unfortunate accident of teaching Hannah how the CB works. She also gave Alvin trouble :).

We had excellent spotting and fun trail conditions. There were some snowy spots near the top of the Gap. Only a few were sketchy. The sun was out after a brisk morning. Kevin had the AC come on his climate control while driving in the snow :eek:. Only in Arizona.:bounce:

I was like Alvin and was fast asleep by 9:30. I did wake up to gunshots and fireworks so I did get to bring in the New Year while conscious.

How was dinner for you Phoenix folks? Just curious as I haven't been there in several years.

:cheers: to Alvin and all the folks who made it. It was a ton of fun seeing old faces and meeting new ones.

Ross

ps Alvin, what's this 'fear' crap? :grinpimp:

Thanks for the Organization...

I just wanted to thank Alvin for putting together this run. It was a blast. Look forward to more in '07.

Enjoyed meeting everyone.

Rocky

unsurvivable_small.JPG

P1010030.JPG
unsurvivable_small.JPG
P1010030.JPG

How was dinner for you Phoenix folks? Just curious as I haven't been there in several years.

Worked well, good food, thanks for the tip!:D

More pix, a BSing, kids playing in the water stop, downhill to a water crossing and the boat ramp, best done with wet, sand coated tires!:D
12-31-2006_4.jpg
12-31-2006_5.jpg
12-31-2006_6.jpg

Last edited:
Poor Alvin caught alot of grief about the early/late start, the position of the sun, too much moon light, the presence/absence of snow and many other things. Otherwise I think Alvin did OK as a trail leader :cheers: I think there were references to his striptease act on the trail, but I think only Ben was lucky (?) enough to catch the act. I made the unfortunate accident of teaching Hannah how the CB works. She also gave Alvin trouble :)...

I agree Mr. Baggins did a great job.:cheers: Now you need to drag him out and find some more challenging trails in that area for us to run!:D

Great pics! I'm green w/ envy. I'll be there next time. Hopefully I can talk the wife into going but she likes to get out and walk when things get a little hairy. She could use a little pier pressure. Take care everyone.

Great pics! I'm green w/ envy. I'll be there next time. Hopefully I can talk the wife into going but she likes to get out and walk when things get a little hairy. She could use a little pier pressure. Take care everyone.

It was good to meet you John. Look forward to next time. :cheers:

Back in NE from BTR, a few more pics...
DSC03085.jpg
DSC03087.jpg
DSC03090.jpg

No play-by-play this time...:D
DSC03096.jpg
DSC03099.jpg
DSC03104.jpg

and more...

same spot as last year, tire 3 feet in the air...
DSC03114.jpg
DSC03118.jpg
DSC03119.jpg

...and some more...
DSC03121.jpg
DSC03123.jpg
DSC03128.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom