Tucson run Dec 30 or 31 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What are you cryin about, you live closer to Oracle than me. :flipoff2:

I just want to make sure we have enough daylight to goof off on every obstacle and plenty of chit chat time. Ross and I did 5-1/2 but we didn't screw around, skipped obstacles and it was only 2 rigs.

Ross nailed his front bumper coming down from the Gap on the Cat side. The spot where you have to cut between to boulders. I didn't turn him soon enough.

This spot
Is this the spot?

sedonasmalls144.jpg

I may have a line on some powertrax no-slips for a FJ40. Problem is the fellow does'nt want to split the set. I just want to use one in the rear. Anyone interested in the front unit?
These are new in the box and the price is right.

Good chance we'll see a bit of snow. 60% chance of rain the next 2 nites and freezing temps. Ross and I saw a couple of small patches last week.

trailbus, thats the spot, only we were goin down the hill.

2" of snow when I left the house at 6:00 this morning. Forcast calls for another 2-5" above 4500 feet. Might be kinda hard to see the nasty spots if you get any buildup. Couple of years ago, I had a hard time finding the road!

Weekend run

Would like to know more about the run. If someone can give me a call later. 619-770-7198. Not sure about the meeting if I can make it or not. Pretty busy Friday. Long drive from Peoria also. Ol girl can only do 50mph on the freeway. Let me know how the trail is. I have one tire with a small strike from last weeks rock crawling and mudding. Might have to replace it. Thanks! Check out the site for pics, Still learning how to work this one. www.myspace.com/129571046
:bounce:

2" of snow when I left the house at 6:00 this morning. Forcast calls for another 2-5" above 4500 feet. Might be kinda hard to see the nasty spots if you get any buildup. Couple of years ago, I had a hard time finding the road!

This equates to the UNSURVIVABLE bypass please, sure wouldn't want to try it when slippery!!! Sounds challenging. I'm sure it would make for good pics(white topped mnts)

This equates to the UNSURVIVABLE bypass please, sure wouldn't want to try it when slippery!!! Sounds challenging. I'm sure it would make for good pics(white topped mnts)

The road never hits 5000' so come Sunday all the snow on the trail should be gone. About 6 years back the AzLCA ran the entire trail in a wild snow storm. They were successful. Land Cruiser Phil's 80 was one of the rigs, then owned by the builder, Beli Merchovic.

Would like to know more about the run. If someone can give me a call later. 619-770-7198. Not sure about the meeting if I can make it or not. Pretty busy Friday. Long drive from Peoria also. Ol girl can only do 50mph on the freeway. Let me know how the trail is. I have one tire with a small strike from last weeks rock crawling and mudding. Might have to replace it. Thanks! Check out the site for pics, Still learning how to work this one. www.myspace.com/129571046
:bounce:

CALLING.

See ya in the a.m.
Anybody from Tucson coming? Meet at the Nicos taco shop N/W corner of Ft Lowell/Campbell around 7am. We'll roll up to Oracle from there.

Hey Guys, sorry for the late cancellation. The wife made alternate arrangements for New Year's and I won't be able to get back in time to stay out of the dog house. I look forward to the pics.

OK, there are two Circle K's in Oracle, which one? It's not realy a problem, they are only blocks apart, drive 'till I see a bunch of cruisers?:D
OK.jpg

OK, there are two Circle K's in Oracle, which one? It's not realy a problem, they are only blocks apart, drive 'till I see a bunch of cruisers?:D

I am certain, almost, that it is the one labeled #2. I just installed my new TC skid today. I guess I did more than 'kiss' it last week :eek:. Alvin says that as long as it ain't leakin', it's good to go. F#$%ing :hillbilly:

See you guys in the morning.

Ross

I am certain, almost, that it is the one labeled #2. I just installed my new TC skid today. I guess I did more than 'kiss' it last week :eek:. Alvin says that as long as it ain't leakin', it's good to go. F#$%ing :hillbilly:

See you guys in the morning.

Ross

Good to hear it ain't leaking.:D

There was talk of a PHX caravan on the trail today. I don't know the area well but there is a Circle K that we can meet at. We will need to be on the road by 6:15 to make Oracle on time.

Circle K: 480-963-3733
18649 S Arizona Ave
Chandler AZ
85248 US
s_chandler_meet.jpg
oracle.jpg

I'd like to tag along, if you guys don't mind. I will meet up with the Tucson Bunch at Ft. Lowell and Campbell at 0700.

Looks like a fun trip.

Thanks -

Rocky

I'd like to tag along, if you guys don't mind. I will meet up with the Tucson Bunch at Ft. Lowell and Campbell at 0700.

Looks like a fun trip.

Thanks -

Rocky

good, another 40 :D

Thanks for allowing the Parkes to join the fun in the Sycamore area today.:)

We are going to make the C-Gap run 12/31. We will meet at the Chandler circle K by 615a. It looks like our tribe may not have its chief again. Beth is still fighting the crud, and may not pull it off.

06:15 Aye aye, cap'n!

If I'm not there by then, take off- we'll catch up.

-Spike

Just made it home, long day, great trip, fine company, many pics, thanks to everyone, Happy New Year from Claudia and Michael!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom