Tucson run Dec 30 or 31 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The way our travel is scheduled, we might have to put my K5 in storage as early as Friday... so if anything Michael will probably be riding shotgun with me...

Last edited:
Sundays are always better for me, as the wife works every other Saturday and sometimes picks up the off days too. I'll keep an eye on the thread and chime in when I know I'm in. Always interested in a nice run, and the Germans add some charisma to our sad little group. :D

-Spike (As if this group needs more characters... :rolleyes: )

I'm interested and have it penciled in.

If I can convince the family to come back to Tucson on the 30th I'll be there.

Ross

If it turns out to be the 30th, we'll be there - but I've had plans made for me NY's eve...

Carl

Dec 31st!!

Sorry Carl, I would love to wheel with ya again, but the wifey is off on the 31st and I want her to go along with us.

Ross and I took the little ones and did a pre-run on the Gap today. Ran the whole thing, Oracle to Catalina. Down in the creek the trail has gotten a bit rougher but not a big deal. The washouts on the Catalina side are maybe a little nastier, but not much. We ran it in 5-1/2 hours. We skipped all obstacles and only got out to stretch/eat 3 times and not for long. Ross needed to be back on pavement by 3pm and we barely made that.
Thanks to my superior spotting skills, part of Ross front bumper now resides in the rear of his rig :doh: He has some pics to post up later.

My thoughts are, in order to have enough daylight to stop and play on obstacles and chit chat that we should meet at the Oracle Circle K at 8am and be on the trail at 8:30am. That way we should have enough time to play on all obstacles and get the SWB vehicles thru the rutts ok.

And for those of you who haven't met my wife (Michelle), which is most of you, she will be along for the day, as well as Zoe. Somehow she managed to score that day off.:bounce:

I will update first post with meet time.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, Happy Kwanzaa and Festivus to all!!! :cheers:

Alvin and I had a great time. Look forward to next week. Too bad we didn't have enough time to play. I was also glad that Alvin was able to help me with the decision on whether or not I need a new front bumper :grinpimp:.
Alvin_flex-01.jpg
Quality_Spotting-01.jpg

Alvin and I had a great time. Look forward to next week. Too bad we didn't have enough time to play. I was also glad that Alvin was able to help me with the decision on whether or not I need a new front bumper :grinpimp:.

Where did you mess your bumper up?

Where did you mess your bumper up?

I really couldn't tell you, Alvin knows better. We ran Oracle to Catalina. I think is was near the gap, on the Oracle side. One of those steps where you need to aim for a big rock on the DS and then cut at the last minute to the PS. I turned a bit too late :D.

I managed to roll some big rock on the under side as well. Nailed the front sway bar, TC cross bar really hard, the unarmored TC :eek: (hopefully only kissed), and finally the rear DS. One of those freak things and probably couldn't do it again unless I tried.

I really couldn't tell you, Alvin knows better. We ran Oracle to Catalina. I think is was near the gap, on the Oracle side. One of those steps where you need to aim for a big rock on the DS and then cut at the last minute to the PS. I turned a bit too late :D.

I managed to roll some big rock on the under side as well. Nailed the front sway bar, TC cross bar really hard, the unarmored TC :eek: (hopefully only kissed), and finally the rear DS. One of those freak things and probably couldn't do it again unless I tried.

WOW!

I have a left end, can bring it on Sunday?:princess:

Only if it color matches. :D Otherwise I was just going to use liquid nails and sheet metal screws.

8:00 AM in Oracle. You slavedriver! :D

Looks like Tyler will be there in our '93 and us in the '97. See ya....the Step is ours! :D

Mind if I come visit at the circle K? I live in Oracle and would love to go wheelin this weekend but I've got a wheel cyl leaking and don't think I'll have time to fix it before then.
John ('69 FJ40 pretty much stock)

Mind if I come visit at the circle K? I live in Oracle and would love to go wheelin this weekend but I've got a wheel cyl leaking and don't think I'll have time to fix it before then.
John ('69 FJ40 pretty much stock)

I don't see any problem, come out and meet up, probably some one will have an extra seat if you want to ride? Just bring lunch and drinks.

8:00 AM in Oracle. You slavedriver! :D

Looks like Tyler will be there in our '93 and us in the '97. See ya....the Step is ours! :D

What are you cryin about, you live closer to Oracle than me. :flipoff2:

I just want to make sure we have enough daylight to goof off on every obstacle and plenty of chit chat time. Ross and I did 5-1/2 but we didn't screw around, skipped obstacles and it was only 2 rigs.

Ross nailed his front bumper coming down from the Gap on the Cat side. The spot where you have to cut between to boulders. I didn't turn him soon enough.

This spot
P6104691.jpg

I was also glad that Alvin was able to help me with the decision on whether or not I need a new front bumper :grinpimp:.

see, I didn't even need someone else to show me :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

I have the new bumper :bounce: but not the right mounts yet :frown: :frown:

What are you cryin about, you live closer to Oracle than me. :flipoff2:

I just want to make sure we have enough daylight to goof off on every obstacle and plenty of chit chat time. Ross and I did 5-1/2 but we didn't screw around, skipped obstacles and it was only 2 rigs.

Ross nailed his front bumper coming down from the Gap on the Cat side. The spot where you have to cut between to boulders. I didn't turn him soon enough.

This spot

I'm closer BUT....I go to Lil Abners Steakhouse Sat night until close. :cool: :D

Yes...the shelf road obstacle. That worsened 2 years ago. Many struggle there.

And Tyler and I have to downgrade ourselves back to "maybes". My tendonitis went haywire yesterday to the Ovens and Walnut Canyon. :frown:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom