diesel generators (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

:confused: They're spitting images of the portable Hondas. Are they rebadged Honda diesels?:confused: I mean it almost looks like a paint-chop.
The Honda pic is from the Honda website of the EU2000I.
http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/ModelDetail.asp?ModelName=eu2000i
The Tactical diesel pic is their 1600Watt version.
http://tacticalpower.com/rugged_tactical_generator_20-0142.htm

EDIT: Upon further investigation, I'd say be wary. After searching for a while, Honda does not make a portable diesel generator as far as I can tell, . Tactical MAY use the Honda case and just put a small diesel engine in there in which case you have no idea what engine is in there or if it's the slightest bit reliable.

Or it's BS altogether or a scam and they just take pics of stuff and paint-chop their logo on it and actually sell nothing but take your money anyway. These pics are identical except for the logos. Position, shadows/light, switch-postion, etc. are all identical.

Be wary.

And GoldBoy, I know you had no way of knowing.:flipoff2:
honda.jpg
tactical.jpg

Last edited:
Both pictures are so similar that I think that the diesel version is a hoax.
Looks to me that the diesel sticker was put on that picture digitally (photoshop).

I opened the picture of the diesel generator in Photoshop and you can see that it has been digitally altered. The label was added digitally.

911power.jpg

Regards

Alvaro

Last edited:
Their larger version or the tactical power plants look to be running a Hatz diesel similar to the engines we use at work,or a very good copy.I believe there is a small 2-3 hp diesel out there I will have to check my books at work.Could be a honda generator end,body work etc.. mounted to a custom built engine,could these be something built special for the US military??They look like mostly inverter series for use in the field with computer equipment etc..
I know there is a company that takes a Kawasaki KLR 650 dual sport and puts in a diesel motor(or its a converted one) for the Army.
Gold Boy,I deal in the rental market and have seen so many knock offs of the Honda engines,generators etc.. over the last few years it must be driving Honda nuts,one of our competetors was going to import them by the container but before hand had a few samples units sent over for tests,setting them up with large fuel tanks and hour meters the best they could get from a motor was 30- 40 hours,a friend of mine works at a local go-cart track and had the same results.They are total garbage.Only good thing is they are such a close copy of the Hondas that when they do self destruct all the honda parts will bolt in.

James..

:eek: - this is all very interesting. thanks very much for the skinny ;)

i will say that Honda does have some very good diesel tech, as my dad drives a diesel Honda CRV back in the UK, if anyone could produce small diesel generator for the military it would be Honda.

thanks for your replies.

:cool:

Watch out for the chinese knock offs. Yamamoto is a chinese company that has copied Honda equipment. In order to avoid US patten infringments they change one or two things. On their 3.5 through the 15hp models the only thing that is not 100% interchangable is the dipstick. The threads are a different pitch. Yamamoto is now making water pumps and generators as well.

This may be a copy of a Honda deisel generator that is not avaliable in the USA do to EPA regulations. It also may be a Photo Shop joke.

thanks, thats interesting info .... just wish they were smaller.

:beer:

Does it have to be diesel? You know sometimes gassers have a weight advantage;)

I have one these 4 stroke Yamahas and its so light you an carry it around with one hand ,about 17-18 kg and it puts out 56 db which is quiet.
Starts 1st time and the tank is good for 7 hours on eco.
I think the US guys can get them for about $600 on special.
It has a battery charger function,takes a 1/3 of a litre of oil and has a reusable filter.
B00007E1MA.01-A1787XOD7Q2I4M._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_V39360151_.jpg

lots of generator talk here but not much on diesel/multi fuel generators, so here's a link with some. has anyone used them before?

http://tacticalpower.com/rugged_tactical_generator.htm

:beer:

I have an "Eagle welding" diesel gen which works quite well. In fact i was using it for the last couple days since we've got no power here. It looks like it uses a Yanmar 1 cylinder diesel. It's certainly loud, but a tank of gas lasts all day and it puts out good power. I have it wired into my power panel out back. I paid about $2000 for it brand - used-new (2 nd owner but it had never been run).

The debate here is not whether Honda makes a deisel. It's if honda makes a deisel generator the size of a rugbie ball like in the first Photo.

Heres a Honda diesel on oz ebay
6184_1.JPG

I also looked at these bigger diesel generators after a oz ebay seller (bentley imports)invited me to come to his shop and have a look.
I was awe struck,there were diesel generators weighing 350 lbs for $1100AUD or about $800USD.
How long they would last in is debatable though.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/5-KW-Diesel-...2QQihZ003QQcategoryZ46412QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That website advertises its stuff as being for the military, but none of it has NSNs, so they probably have never sold anything to the military, nor do they have a GSA schedule. Looks like a scam, possibly trying to get a huge order from someone, then finding a cheap chinese firm to make the stuff for them.

thanks for the posts - awesome

the idea of a small diesel generator is to keep all the the fuel the same as i have diesel lc. however those small honda gas generators are sweet.

thanks for the posts - awesome

the idea of a small diesel generator is to keep all the the fuel the same as i have diesel lc. however those small honda gas generators are sweet.

That was my original intention too and also the safety of diesel is a big plus ,but in the end it came down to quality,price,noise and weight and so I got the yammy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom