What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks! I got it off Amazon, it is ACC carpet. https://a.co/d/4SFFuoe?tag=ihco-20

Seat covers are Wet Okole They are pretty comfy and keep me a little warmer in the winter and seats aren't as hot in the summer. But it's almost time for me to do the leather and rebuild the front seats altogether.
I've gone back and forth on reupholstering the seats or swapping out completely. I know there's an amazing thread about seat swaps and, to be honest, swapping in seats from an Audi A4-S is at the top of my list. I can get a pair from Marketplace or a yard for about $300, then throw in the cost of the brackets (I THINK $250)...still under cost to reupholster by a shop up here in Portland. Last I checked, that was around $1,500 for the front seats.

I need to look around more if I reupholster. If I do, I'm definitely adding the heated option.

After a fun trip to Moab last weekend, it was time for me to change the oil and give everything a once over. Last night while under the 80, I noticed the typical crack around the front panhard/steering mount. I'm running 37s so it's under plenty of stress.

I'm going wheeling again this weekend so I needed to address this ASAP. I cleaned/welded the crack then welded in some simple gussets to beef it up a bit.

I'm teaching myself how to weld and only have a few hours of hood time, but feel free to critique my welds or anything else you guys see! (Yes, I fully cleaned that crack, I only took one picture halfway through)

View attachment 3331748

View attachment 3331749

View attachment 3331752
Learning how to weld is currently on my "want to learn" list :)

mall ramp crawled

A1EB8C7E-5606-47FD-87B1-F784CAD3FC01.jpeg

5AF80033-D2EF-4F8B-8D40-F581ADF0C471.jpeg

I've gone back and forth on reupholstering the seats or swapping out completely. I know there's an amazing thread about seat swaps and, to be honest, swapping in seats from an Audi A4-S is at the top of my list. I can get a pair from Marketplace or a yard for about $300, then throw in the cost of the brackets (I THINK $250)...still under cost to reupholster by a shop up here in Portland. Last I checked, that was around $1,500 for the front seats.

I need to look around more if I reupholster. If I do, I'm definitely adding the heated option.
I have some Corbeau Moab seats and seat brackets for sale, if you’re interested.
IMG_1558.jpeg

New Torqit Exhaust installed. I had to use an angle grinder with a cutting wheel to cut the back end of the old exhaust off so as to clear the rear axle. I hosed down the old OEM down pipe nuts with PBlaster and let it sit over night. Worked very well. The Torqit exhaust bolted up very nicely. A real improvement from the OEM. Definitely louder with a hint of turbo whistle. Highly recommended. I will post up a video later. A thank you to Ikarus to get me off the fence on this project.

D96EB95D-6E20-46CA-8DD9-AE3CA9F53279.jpeg

C3D34AA9-E128-4115-A698-D8C80D2B90D6.jpeg

813074F9-C2BA-4BAE-9532-67D465BF8675.jpeg

E751ABD7-C3C2-4333-A691-4430CFBD5567.jpeg

4A315B7A-26C4-4C94-817F-7811BE8A7E6F.jpeg

After a fun trip to Moab last weekend, it was time for me to change the oil and give everything a once over. Last night while under the 80, I noticed the typical crack around the front panhard/steering mount. I'm running 37s so it's under plenty of stress.

I'm going wheeling again this weekend so I needed to address this ASAP. I cleaned/welded the crack then welded in some simple gussets to beef it up a bit.

I'm teaching myself how to weld and only have a few hours of hood time, but feel free to critique my welds or anything else you guys see! (Yes, I fully cleaned that crack, I only took one picture halfway through)

View attachment 3331748

View attachment 3331749

View attachment 3331752
Those welds look very good, and you will have no problems with that gusset. Learning to weld isn't that hard but it helps to watch a couple of videos from places like Miller, etc. Sometimes a good-looking weld doesn't mean too much. Great job!

Did you get these straight from weather tech? I didn’t see these on their website.
Yes, here's the link. They're listed as tan, but are a little darker than tan.

Part Number: 455331

Yes, here's the link. They're listed as tan, but are a little darker than tan.

Part Number: 455331
Ok, I see now that these mats are for LHD. I have a RHD vehicle. Not sure if I could get these to fit. I will email WT and see if they have any further info.

Check this thread. The OP has documented this front suspension better than anyone I could find before I started mine. I suck at keeping up with build threads so I don’t do them… I just bought the frame and axle brackets from 4wheel underground. We had to modify both panhard brackets to keep my truck low. Brian’s geometry works and would highly recommend his full or partial kits.
Any more pics or a link for the build? Would like to see more of how you did the front suspension.

Only task on the LC lately was installing these. Finally got a reasonable deal from a Japanese seller on Ebay for these plastics. Nice to replace the faded and cracked originals. No one will notice but me and I'm fine with that.
PXL_20230520_225046461.jpg

Learning how to weld is currently on my "want to learn" list :)
I think of welding like I think of golf. Technically anyone can weld with 3 min of instruction. Welding well will take a lifetime of practice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom