What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (44 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2 new lines, a dryer, expansion valve and cleaned the evaporator and I’ve got ice cold ac, got emissions passed and registered last week. We’re getting there!!

CEAA3B74-A052-40A7-8777-C2451904F613.jpeg

Looks great!

Can you drop a link where you went with the carpet? Also, which seat covers are those?
Thanks! I got it off Amazon, it is ACC carpet. https://a.co/d/4SFFuoe?tag=ihco-20

Seat covers are Wet Okole They are pretty comfy and keep me a little warmer in the winter and seats aren't as hot in the summer. But it's almost time for me to do the leather and rebuild the front seats altogether.

Went to Toyota Fest at the Long Beach Marina Park and saw a decent number of 80's

20230520_114951.jpg

20230520_114707.jpg

20230520_111906.jpg

20230520_114941.jpg

20230520_114727.jpg

Thanks! I got it off Amazon, it is ACC carpet. https://a.co/d/4SFFuoe?tag=ihco-20

Seat covers are Wet Okole They are pretty comfy and keep me a little warmer in the winter and seats aren't as hot in the summer. But it's almost time for me to do the leather and rebuild the front seats altogether.

I'm surprised more people don't use the wet okole seats

After a fun trip to Moab last weekend, it was time for me to change the oil and give everything a once over. Last night while under the 80, I noticed the typical crack around the front panhard/steering mount. I'm running 37s so it's under plenty of stress.

I'm going wheeling again this weekend so I needed to address this ASAP. I cleaned/welded the crack then welded in some simple gussets to beef it up a bit.

I'm teaching myself how to weld and only have a few hours of hood time, but feel free to critique my welds or anything else you guys see! (Yes, I fully cleaned that crack, I only took one picture halfway through)

20230524_193627.jpg

20230524_204021.jpg

20230524_213102.jpg

Last edited:
Winch is now installed. Yellow shackle is a temporary solution to keep the hook from swinging around, so don't mind it.
Whats wrong w the shackle? Whats the permanent home for your hook gonna be?

I'm surprised more people don't use the wet okole seats
I'm planning on getting a set at some point if I don't swap out the fronts entirely. Even then, I'll probably get a pair for the 2nd row.

One of the projects on my radar is to pull the carpet and replace it...while that's out, replace the sound dampening material, rewire for an amp and rear stock location sub, and then throw in front seats that are more comfortable using the brackets found here on Mud :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom