Metric Bolts needed! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Toyota, or a vender that sells Toyota parts

Does anyone know where I can get 8mm thread size bolts, similar to the original bolts used on various parts of my restoration project?
I bought mine from Ace Hardware yesterday. They have various sizes and pitch in grade 8. My engine mount brackets were 12x1.25x40mm. Ace had them for $2 each.

BelMetric.com Is a great place to get Hardware. They have bolts that have the same size head to match OEM stuff

I find that the stuff at ACE has a different head size 🤷‍♂️

Your local-ish pick-a-part. Can usually score a coffee can full for the price of admission. Worst case they charge a few extra bucks. Still cheaper than 2 or 3 new ones. You're looking for anything from Toyota, Honda, or Subaru.

Your local-ish pick-a-part. Can usually score a coffee can full for the price of admission. Worst case they charge a few extra bucks. Still cheaper than 2 or 3 new ones. You're looking for anything from Toyota, Honda, or Subaru.
There's no pick-a-part near Me :(

I think most would be surprised to find that OEM Toyota hardware is actually often LESS expensive then generic. Especially if you go through a vender (like my business) that has taken the time to find various part numbers that are less expensive then others for what is essentially the same fastener, especially for cases where bolt grade isn't an issue, like dashboard, brake line clips, etc

another great option is Overland Metric | JIS Hardware - https://www.overlandmetric.com/

Last edited:
You're after JIS rather than plain old metric ... unless you really like 13mm bolt heads that don't exist anywhere else on the truck.

Stop #1 is Toyota. They make a surprising amount amount of the bolts you likely need. Hey - guaranteed exact fit!

#2 is either Overland Metric or Belmetric. Both great options for JIS hardware.

#3 is a junkyard with any old Toyotas. The bolts are very common across platforms and vehicles.

I never found it to be a hassle to grab a 1/2” (13mm) wrench instead of a 12mm
My vote is replace all the 8mm rusty toyota bolts with Stainless Steel metric. Ace has them.
Youll need washers & lock washers too - which aren’t as convenient as captive bolts

My Ace Hardware doesn’t carry the ones I need. Looking for stainless M12x1.25-25mm.
Roll Bar bolts. ( I know I am in the 60 thread)
Overland Metric doesn’t have them. I am going to see if Ace can order.

My Ace Hardware doesn’t carry the ones I need. Looking for stainless M12x1.25-25mm.
I would do 91651-61022... 60 transmission mount bolt. High-tensile. Wide washer. Silver Zinc. Correct wrench size. I can sell you them for $2.47 each.

Not stainless... but for what you will spend on a custom bolt just get a whole extra set and replace in 10-15 years if/when they start to fade 🤷

Stainless bolts are a bad choice for a roll bar !
There way to soft and not going to hold up if in fact you need the roll bar

1684813292957.png

I ordered some items from Belmetric a few weeks ago, they arrived in 2 days. Impressed.

Or McMaster-Carr. Can order almost any bolt there...
I also use McMaster-Carr, great customer service and next day shipping but more expensive !!

Partsouq https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/genuine Plug in your VIN, search the diagrams for the bolts you need, get a part number then, 1) purchase from Partsouq, 2) plug into Google and find other vendors, 3) compare prices and shipping, 4) become more educated on how to find parts for your Cruiser.

Getting the correct fasteners is not difficult and avoid the hardware store (Ace, Lowes, Home Depot) except under dire circumstances. Last year I lost a caliper bolt while 400 miles from home. I knew the size and stopped at the nearest Ace and found a replacement. That got me home but as soon as possible I replaced the bolt with a correct OEM.

Does anyone know where I can get 8mm thread size bolts, similar to the original bolts used on various parts of my restoration project?

I also use McMaster-Carr, great customer service and next day shipping but more expensive !!
Or McMaster-Carr. Can order almost any bolt there...
View attachment 3329992

I ordered some items from Belmetric a few weeks ago, they arrived in 2 days. Impressed.
I would do 91651-61022... 60 transmission mount bolt. High-tensile. Wide washer. Silver Zinc. Correct wrench size. I can sell you them for $2.47 each.

Not stainless... but for what you will spend on a custom bolt just get a whole extra set and replace in 10-15 years if/when they start to fade 🤷
You're after JIS rather than plain old metric ... unless you really like 13mm bolt heads that don't exist anywhere else on the truck.

Stop #1 is Toyota. They make a surprising amount amount of the bolts you likely need. Hey - guaranteed exact fit!

#2 is either Overland Metric or Belmetric. Both great options for JIS hardware.

#3 is a junkyard with any old Toyotas. The bolts are very common across platforms and vehicles.
I never found it to be a hassle to grab a 1/2” (13mm) wrench instead of a 12mm
My vote is replace all the 8mm rusty toyota bolts with Stainless Steel metric. Ace has them.
Youll need washers & lock washers too - which aren’t as convenient as captive bolts
I think most would be surprised to find that OEM Toyota hardware is actually often LESS expensive then generic. Especially if you go through a vender (like my business) that has taken the time to find various part numbers that are less expensive then others for what is essentially the same fastener, especially for cases where bolt grade isn't an issue, like dashboard, brake line clips, etc

another great option is Overland Metric | JIS Hardware - https://www.overlandmetric.com/
I bought mine from Ace Hardware yesterday. They have various sizes and pitch in grade 8. My engine mount brackets were 12x1.25x40mm. Ace had them for $2 each.

- i am NOT a hardware store , but i offer the REAL McCoy JIS SEMS ALL 100% Made In JAPAN Spec. Bolts , i do have some hex nuts also , i DO have SMOOTH Flange nuts now also ...

- the MARK or # number HEAD corisponds to the JIS codes in the back of BOTH the Engine FSM and Chassis . BODY FSM

- the Higher the MARK # HEAD the more Heavy DUTY it is ....

- i am sold out of some of what i offedr up currently , waiting on my next major stock order as we speak , ALL my GOLD Plated #4 and #7 mark head bolts are kustom made batches exclusivly for me and to my spec's , the SILVER ZINC.s are simply normal stocking at the JAPAN based supplier , so i always have them ....

ill post links below to ALL the current IN-STOCK BOLTS i have right now

- the Plating is simply BLISS ! and defies logic to me each time i hold a pile of shimmering JIS in my hands :cool:

thanks for your support ...

matt

B0C717DE-414E-43A0-99D2-F9CD0EEEA250 - Copy.jpg

1684898404826.png

1684898427232.png

1684898449382.png

1684899573696.png

1684899508268.png

1684899635883.png

1684899535502.png

1684899646344.png

1684899694148.png