How to edit a post? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have the same issue with a FJ80 I am selling. I didn't catch that the first photo is the one used on the classified page and there wouldn't be a way to edit it. I tried to repost with correct photo but the new add was taken down due to "one vehicle one classified". I guess I will never be able to change the photo, any of the info, or post the other LX450 I am selling.

I have the same issue with a FJ80 I am selling. I didn't catch that the first photo is the one used on the classified page and there wouldn't be a way to edit it. I tried to repost with correct photo but the new add was taken down due to "one vehicle one classified". I guess I will never be able to change the photo, any of the info, or post the other LX450 I am selling.
Try reporting your ad (button at bottom left of post) asking for it to be taken down so you can repost with correct content.

Not sure if I'm just old and dense, but I can't see an edit link/button on my posts/comments to correct a spelling error or add info I forgot. Is that because I'm new here and have a low post count, or is that not possible in the ih8mud forums? I searched but don't see anyone else asking about that.
I'm in the same boat jedjunk very new to this but very odd . Can't work it out

I agree that not being able to edit a previous post is very frustrating. I want this forum to be a source of clear and concise information for everyone. Editing allows me to refine my posts with updates and/or phrasing changes for clarity and help people get to the information they need with less effort.

At the very least, it would be nice to know what the post count threshold is for receiving edit privileges. Thanks!

Now it appears that edit rights may be thread dependent as well as post count dependent? I see the option to edit my previous post here, but that option does not appear in my other thread for example: AAL Third Row Delete + Drawers - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/aal-third-row-delete-drawers.1313327/#post-14976427

Resolution Update: It appears that my previous post got me to the threshold for receiving edit rights. The threshold appears to be 10 posts. I had assumed that edit rights would then be available for all posts, but it appears that they are only available on posts made after the rights were granted and do not retroactively apply to posts made before the rights were granted. That is extremely odd to me.

I made this post with the intention of editing it to aggregate thread feedback over time and it seems like that will not be possible: AAL Third Row Delete + Drawers

Last edited:
Now it appears that edit rights may be thread dependent as well as post count dependent? I see the option to edit my previous post here, but that option does not appear in my other thread for example: AAL Third Row Delete + Drawers - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/aal-third-row-delete-drawers.1313327/#post-14976427

Resolution Update: It appears that my previous post got me to the threshold for receiving edit rights. The threshold appears to be 10 posts. I had assumed that edit rights would then be available for all posts, but it appears that they are only available on posts made after the rights were granted and do not retroactively apply to posts made before the rights were granted. That is extremely odd to me.

I made this post with the intention of editing it to aggregate thread feedback over time and it seems like that will not be possible: AAL Third Row Delete + Drawers
It's not odd when spammers return weeks later to edit their 2 posts to add spammer links. That "dilutes" quality/real content.

It's not odd when scammers post a sale item, reply one or two times, then edit their initial post to falsify content.

As a result, scammers/spammers are extremely rare on this forum.

Many forums don't allow edits until 50 posts, others don't allow links, or don't allow image attachments or access to Classifieds at all without 50 or more posts.

The forum rules are the result of my 20+ years of forum administration and ownership. Sorry some new members dislike them, Unlike thousands upon thousands of other forums, MUD is privately owned. As a result, I make the rules as I see best for the community as a whole.

It's not odd when spammers return weeks later to edit their 2 posts to add spammer links. That "dilutes" quality/real content.

It's not odd when scammers post a sale item, reply one or two times, then edit their initial post to falsify content.

As a result, scammers/spammers are extremely rare on this forum.

Many forums don't allow edits until 50 posts, others don't allow links, or don't allow image attachments or access to Classifieds at all without 50 or more posts.

The forum rules are the result of my 20+ years of forum administration and ownership. Sorry some new members dislike them, Unlike thousands upon thousands of other forums, MUD is privately owned. As a result, I make the rules as I see best for the community as a whole.
Word!

Posting to bump my post count. Good thing I didn’t start my built thread yet lol. I’m glad Woody chimed in above, makes sense the rationale for not allowing new users to edit their initial posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom