What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (28 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed my newly powder coated air cleaner along with a new to me cool air intake (mine was dry rotted and crumbling) and well as air intake hoses #1 and #2 with new clamps from City Racer. Noticed cracking between ridges on mine so figured I'd just replace the chain.

Also swapped my Weathertech generics for Lloyd Mats Northridge in the darker grey color.

View attachment 3316516

View attachment 3316518

View attachment 3316520

View attachment 3316521

View attachment 3316522
3FE engine bay is looking great!

$15 in rattle cans from Home Depot ain’t gonna break the bank!

@WSOPgold2012 I think the gray wheels & white stripes don’t go together. I’m gonna drive it like this for a while and see what I think.

Grey steelies & white stripes trucks look great!

j/k, I think your combo looks great

A3C6CE86-6523-4812-89F4-2E3BDB04DEA1.jpeg

$15 in rattle cans from Home Depot ain’t gonna break the bank!

@WSOPgold2012 I think the gray wheels & white stripes don’t go together. I’m gonna drive it like this for a while and see what I think.
I think THATS what looks great!! lolol

Not really the weekend, but changed out my clogged up old fuel filter with a new OEM filter. Was starting to get a "starved" start-up. Ran fine after she turned over, though. After the new filter install, the old girls cranked right up.

Next up - change out the gaskets at the downpipes. Getting a little exhaust smell in the cabin and hearing more noise exhaust from the engine bay.

Picked up a set of 5 used 40 Series steelies for cheap. They’re the welded variety and only a few years old. I ordered some new chrome caps from Toyota, then went to a mom-and-pop tire shop and had my rubber swapped over to the new wheels, balanced, and installed.

These were previously powder coated. I don’t think I like the color on my truck, so maybe Imll paint them. Gonna run ‘em for now though.

View attachment 3316799
View attachment 3316800
Another vote for "leave it alone." I think it looks perfect. If you do paint, white would be the only option I'd consider (don't do black). But seriously, just leave it :cool:

I kinda dig the look but bet the original black would look better. Maybe you could trade someone to not waste a nice powder coat job?
Original black? I don't believe the older cruisers ever came with black wheels. They look fine as is, IMO.

Original black? I don't believe the older cruisers ever came with black wheels. They look fine as is, IMO.
When you buy new 40 Series wheels they come in black. They did not come in black when they were delivered on new trucks back in the day. I should have clarified!

My 60 is back running after a long hiatus got the carb rebuild and adjusted the valves while I'm in there. Just need to smog and I could cruise again.

20230430_163038.jpg

20230430_171015.jpg

Longest winter ever I swear, and to make matters worse May 1 - 2 we got another 30" of snow. Fortunately it melted quick. Anyways, I finally got my cruiser out a couple days ago. First thing was to change out the piece of crap EMUSA wastegate( had holes in the diaphragm) for a high quality Tial. It's running absolutely perfect! I went with a 6 psi spring and pretty sure that's where I'm going to stay.

IMG_20230512_074953.jpg

IMG_20230511_161033.jpg

Test fit 3FE downpipes. @HemiAlex posted about these as replacements with a 3FE exhaust. I decided to purchase two rear pipes to see how they would fit. Not well and I kind of expected this. Using the rear pipe in the front will not work due to mounting interference with the rear pipe. But hey, this was a test and we'll be having an exhaust fabbed anyway. When we have an exhaust built it will eliminate having one of the pipes routed under the frame. This was a reason I wanted to see if using two of these aftermarket pipes would work. Our exhaust guy is good and he'll be able to put something together to retain the O2 sensor positions and route the pipes within the frame.

IMG_9903.jpg
IMG_9904.jpg
IMG_9905.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom