Builds Nemesis - a deviant undertaking underway (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And here's the car that changed the color scheme and caused me many, many, many bong-filled happy nights=)

Not much of a car person but HFS, one of the sexiest modern cars I've seen in a LONG time, like $5 dolla, I love you LONG time, time.

@TRAIL TAILOR - ideas from my 60_build parts folder, just food4thought!

hood_prop.png

They have builder kits for: Hard line, braided lines & soft line clamps

hardline clamps.jpg
softline clamps.jpg
braidedline clamps.jpg

Ringbrothers Lever Kit

ringbrothers_leverkit.jpg

Rear passenger console vents

rear console air vents.jpg
AirVentMaxi00C_e3982384-6051-4e9e-b8cc-a081f972f2f0_large.jpg

Anvil Headlight Rings and Hood Stops:

AnvilHoodStops.jpg
AnvilHeadlightRings.jpg

Still working on wheels. . .

Rays A-Lap, bronze:

Rays A-Lap.jpg

BC Forged LE72, brushed bronze

BCForgedLE72Bronze.jpg

@kody472 @LETSROLLEM @BurntToast @jpsfj60 - appreciate the input/thoughts.

I was a little surprised by you guys' all answering Rays. Not so much b/c of the Rays selection, more b/c I think the wheels are very similar in lip/face design. I'm a huge fan of Rays and Volk wheels - the A-Lap kills it, the TE37 IMO not so much.

Rays A-Lap: 18x9, +0, 112 bore, which I think correlates to a 5" BS

BC Forged LE72: Built to spec.

Both wheels are priced +/- relatively similar, both forged, both come in sexy brushed bronze. . .

Even though I have the flares, high probability they're not worth the effort to mount. Without some type of flare, my concern is road rash if the tires stick out too far. But I'll need beefy tires to handle the projected hp/tq. I've seen the under flares previously, can't find them at present. Maybe a sheetmetal under flare once she gets to J's shop? I have no idea since ideas are my forte, fabrication not so much=)

Here's a few pics of the Rays/BC's mounted:

LE72_Toyota.jpg

LE72_toyota2.jpg

ALap6.jpg

ALap3.jpg

ALap4.jpg

I think the reason I said Rays is the moreso the lack of “bolts”. I personally only like bolts in a wheel when they are for a bead lock rim. And even those are getting overdone with all the faux beadlock wheels these days

I think the reason I said Rays is the moreso the lack of “bolts”. I personally only like bolts in a wheel when they are for a bead lock rim. And even those are getting overdone with all the faux beadlock wheels these days
It's funny you say that b/c that's my only dislike to the BC wheels. . .would be a much cleaner wheel. I'll have to ask if those are necessary but I'm thinking they are since that specific wheel is modular.

Or if the bolts can be color matched to the wheel. . .hmmm. . .

That was fcuking hilarious. . .LMAO!
I voted Rays for the following reason, the 60 series in my opinion, falls into a weird area when it comes to upgrades. For me the shape/time period of the vehicle make the wheel choice for this particular “Series” very limited. It has a very classic “wagon” look with very hard but well placed lines and angles. Other upgrades come fairly easy to make a decision about. For example, bumpers, roof racks, etc. Wheels on these vehicles can be tricky. With the classic/vintage look certain wheels just seem too modern or too “resto-muscle-mod” to me. I think wheels with minimal lines and angles “fit” the vehicle better and seem to keep the classic look. Again, just my opinion, carry on 👍

Last edited:
I voted Rays for the following reason, the 60 series in my opinion, falls into a weird area when it comes to upgrades. For me the shape/time period of the vehicle make the wheel choice for this particular “Series” very limited. It has a very classic “wagon” look with very hard but well placed lines and angles. Other upgrades come fairly easy to make a decision about. For example, bumpers, roof racks, etc. Wheels on these vehicles can be tricky. With the classic/vintage look certain wheels just seem too modern or to “resto-muscle-mod” to me. I think wheels with minimal lines and angles “fit” the vehicle better and seem to keep the classic look. Again, just my opinion, carry on 👍
That about sums it up perfectly - and why the wheels have been the achilles heel of decisions. It would be nice to have the ability to test fit a few selected models, something I'm working on at the moment.

The set I have at present are period correct and are great wheels, but they're on many 60 builds and don't hit that 'chord' with me related to other aspects of the build. I'll likely keep them as a second set to use when I undoubtedly take her to places I shouldn't=)

Current wheels: Steel, 17x9, 5"BS - in the pictures, that's a 305/65/17, equivalent to a 32.6 x 12, good height but a tad too wide. . .and yes, that's what she said!

I've looked at different coatings to obtain the brushed bronze look on the aluminum wheels. . .steel just doesn't capture that semitransparent look like aluminum does. I know, bitchy little details and complaints. . .

FJ60 Final Wheel.png

That about sums it up perfectly - and why the wheels have been the achilles heel of decisions. It would be nice to have the ability to test fit a few selected models, something I'm working on at the moment.

The set I have at present are period correct and are great wheels, but they're on many 60 builds and don't hit that 'chord' with me related to other aspects of the build. I'll likely keep them as a second set to use when I undoubtedly take her to places I shouldn't=)

Current wheels: Steel, 17x9, 5"BS - in the pictures, that's a 305/65/17, equivalent to a 32.6 x 12, good height but a tad too wide. . .and yes, that's what she said!

I've looked at different coatings to obtain the brushed bronze look on the aluminum wheels. . .steel just doesn't capture that semitransparent look like aluminum does. I know, bitchy little details and complaints. . .

View attachment 3321653
Dude it’s your rig and your $$$, bitchy little details are what make them uniquely ours. Mine has plenty of bitchy little details that make me smile every time I see them. Do what makes you happy to drive it, you can’t put a $ amount on that! You have some incredible ideas that are coming to fruition, enjoy the hell outta this rig once it’s finished, there are a bunch of us already drooling over it!

Dude it’s your rig and your $$$, bitchy little details are what make them uniquely ours. Mine has plenty of bitchy little details that make me smile every time I see them. Do what makes you happy to drive it, you can’t put a $ amount on that! You have some incredible ideas that are coming to fruition, enjoy the hell outta this rig once it’s finished, there are a bunch of us already drooling over it!
Couldn't have f'n worded that better if I tried! I've built - or had built - cars, mtn bikes, motorcycles in the past but this 60 build, **** me backwards. It's been a humbling lesson and a steep learning curve every step of the way. One small detail leads to another, and another, and another. . .went from a moderate but unique build to a full-tilt, **** it, let's do it build.

I joke that Jason is an enabler but it reality, it's always the customer. Those ideas that are finally coming to fruition wouldn't be possible without his support and 'yup, I can do that' work/design motto. I think my last idea to him was something along the lines of a remote release trap doors in the rear bumper quarters. . .you know, just in case Racer X gets a little too close for comfort=)

Shane

FJ60-D90 hybrid mirror arm, V3…

Revised and headed for round3 of final inspection! Late June expected completion date if all goes well…

0765BCAE-BA5E-4A7D-9B59-25FB61A4D2C3.jpeg

AD7856D9-3F40-4760-84C0-DD48CBB0BA80.jpeg
FAF32E16-FFB3-48A6-B52E-A9DED954B814.jpeg
5CD82854-B587-461B-B237-F4A59B2C76A1.jpeg
E26EF40A-D2E2-4E73-A4C1-105D9EC40BAC.jpeg

91F and 94% humidity, decided to take a break and get some river time with Mel. Always have to take time, slow down and cherish the things we take for granted…like a quiet afternoon on the water.

D34CF8E6-B793-4FE8-8952-7E5B0012DDB6.jpeg
FF3970DB-8ACE-469F-A553-B07BFFA6F404.jpeg
6C78F911-CFB8-4D0B-A927-6E7E6A41B7AC.jpeg
70804E80-9B07-4D91-99DC-17665A9B6199.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom