Suspension options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I've seen ARB is marketing old man emu suspensions for the LC300, and @Bomar has installed some wescott like coil over spacer suspensions on a few LX600's.

Any other suspension options?

Just cut the check to pay off my LX...time to start pondering mods. Might even sell my built 2020 Tacoma to fund it...

Thought dobinsons just came out with an entire suite of options for the 300 as well

I reached out to Wescott to see if they had any level kits for the lx600s. I have a non ahc, how about yours?

I’m hoping they can come up with a solution for me since I have a set of wheels incoming

I reached out to Wescott to see if they had any level kits for the lx600s. I have a non ahc, how about yours?

I’m hoping they can come up with a solution for me since I have a set of wheels incoming
Yes, base model, so no AHC. I drove both, and think the non AHC rides and handles better. And, it'll be easier to modify.

Our trucks have all the same suspension shocks for a level kit as the tundra, Landcruiser etc judging off of the part diagram numbers

Our trucks have all the same suspension shocks for a level kit as the tundra, Landcruiser etc judging off of the part diagram numbers
Do you happen to know of they use the same frame width as the tundra/Sequoia have longer control arms or if the control arms are the same but the frame mounts are wider? Ie. will Tundra parts make OEM +2 long travel and will the factory lift front parts fit?

The sky is the limit here. If I could find a base model to purchase, I’d work with Koni or Ohlins to develop something. All the regulars should have a product in the works or available by now… but you might have to call as most of it will be for markets other than North America.

I know when I reach out to Bilstiens last year they were about to hit shelves in AUS.

@bjowett is correct hit up AUS market place and those companies.

EO Offroad had something in works but never could communicate well with those guys.

Roof racks are different (than LC300) so look to @Dissent for that.

I know when I reach out to Bilstiens last year they were about to hit shelves in AUS.

@bjowett is correct hit up AUS market place and those companies.

EO Offroad had something in works but never could communicate well with those guys.

Roof racks are different (than LC300) so look to @Dissent for that.
Any idea when Dissent will have their lx600 products to market? Been waiting...

I would reach out to Ben since they make as you order.

It will be awhile since I doubt there are more than 1000 LX600s in the US and most of them are not offroaders.

Courtesy of @Jurwin
598E9C56-90FC-42A4-A308-9576D7497F55.jpeg

Just picked up my LX600 F Sport non-AHC here in Canada. I also have a fully built 2018 4Runner TRD Pro in Cavalry Blue. As much as I love my King suspension, I will not get it again. The fittings rust soooo easily.

@Docyota Have you found any suspension options for us? :)

If King is the only option, I would suggest coating the crap out of the fittings. I had to use a dremel tool to remove the surface rust and coated it with 4 coats of clear coat, it ended up rusting again within a year.

If I were to do it all over again, I would coat it right out of the box, even top it with a ceramic coat. For the brackets, I would powder coat it, clear coat, and ceramic coat. Canadian winters suck!

@Docyota Have you found any suspension options for us? :)

If King is the only option, I would suggest coating the crap out of the fittings. I had to use a dremel tool to remove the surface rust and coated it with 4 coats of clear coat, it ended up rusting again within a year.

If I were to do it all over again, I would coat it right out of the box, even top it with a ceramic coat. For the brackets, I would powder coat it, clear coat, and ceramic coat. Canadian winters suck!
This far, if and when I lift, for now it'll be the westcott style coil over plate form like Bomar has installed for some of his clients. I like the stock ride, and the small 1.5-2 inches should help the approach angle. It'll fit a few inches larger tires stock with some gentle trimming and some spacers, and I suspect I'll stop at that for a bit.

But you know how it goes :)

This far, if and when I lift, for now it'll be the westcott style coil over plate form like Bomar has installed for some of his clients. I like the stock ride, and the small 1.5-2 inches should help the approach angle. It'll fit a few inches larger tires stock with some gentle trimming and some spacers, and I suspect I'll stop at that for a bit.

For sure, I prefer an adjustable suspension like the King setup. I also find Normal and sport + suspension the same, maybe a tiiiiny bit stiffer.

I definitely need a small lift to run my TEs with 35s.

If AHC wasn't such a sh!tshow in maintenance/servicing, then AHC would be the best option rather than needing to go aftermarket. The 2016+ LX suffers from “GX Syndrome” where the front bumper is made to scrape roadkill out of the way…best solution for general purpose vehicle is AHC…but why did Lexus make AHC so complex?!

Last edited:
If AHC wasn't such a sh!tshow in maintenance/servicing, then AHC would be the best option rather than needing to go aftermarket. The 2016+ LX suffers from “GX Syndrome” where the front bumper is made to scrape roadkill out of the way…best solution for general purpose vehicle is AHC…but why did Lexus make AHC so complex?!
I agree, I have read it's more of a pain if you plan on modifying the vehicle. Other than that, I like the idea of it raising and lowering as needed.

How can you tell if the vehicle has AHC? Looking to buy my wife one.

How can you tell if the vehicle has AHC? Looking to buy my wife one.
Buttons. Drivers side of the shifter, should have suspension up and down buttons.

That, and you could also look underneath for the hydraulic shocks, tuning, height sensors, and such.

And it will probably have it mentioned in the vehicle description and window sticker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom