2024 GX/Prado Release and Discussion (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can love also love a RR, Escalade, X7, and a multitude of Mercedes. Please don’t give Lexus money for that piece of junk slap in the face that is the new LX.
Mostly decent vehicles (Escalade?!?). But at Landcruiser money prices (base model, $89k), the LX600 is a great vehicle.

Mostly decent vehicles (Escalade?!?). But at Landcruiser money prices (base model, $89k), the LX600 is a great vehicle.

Yeah i mean its the only one that will be reliable in any way. But literally everything else about it is much worse. Looks, technology, driving dynamics, efficiency, range, comfort, interior design, power delivery, handling, sound system, tailgate, sun roof, third row being usable. I mean the list goes on and on and on and on. The LC 300 is tolerable, but the Lexus failed to do anything but improve ahc. Which nobody wants or is getting.

Even at $89k its a joke. Not saying you cant be happy, and im happy for you, and understand the other choices are asking for trouble, but not a single one of you 600 buyers has the honesty to even acknowledge all the major issues and the woefully underwhelming update that it was.

And dont tell me you’re going to off-road it on 22s, and factory low ground clearance. That is not a valid point here in this product when you have to modify to do what it was built for in the LC. And ironically get better road comfort in the LC with the better fitment to boot.

I haven’t even gotten started with comparisons to the 200 and how the old platform is way better, or the lack of purported fuel economy being achievable in real world, lack of hybrid?!?, and the potential diminished long term reliability, or the transmission issues and maybe waste-gate issue to just to name a few.

They need to be aggressively boycotted for this travesty of a product.

Looks, technology, driving dynamics, efficiency, range, comfort, interior design, power delivery, handling, sound system, tailgate, sun roof, third row being usable.
🧐
Looks: I like it.
Tech: don't want all the tech, very pleased with the lack of lights, buttons, features that bmw and others go crazy with
Driving dynamics: comfortable, handles like I expect a LC to handle, plenty fast
Efficiency: what's not to like about 22mpg?
Range: 396 miles
Comfort: most comfortable vehicle I've owned (on number 25 now and have ridden and driven pretty much everything, worked in the car business for over a decade)
Interior design: gripe gripe gripe. The interior works great, feels great, looks great. What's your problem?
Handling: see above.
Sound system: base model's baseline sound system is super pleasant. Unless you're an audiophile, it has great bass, clear treble, and warm and filling mid.
Tailgate: we agree on one thing. I miss the tailgate.
Sunroof: works great. Don't want a panoramic sun roof, too much noise and too much light.
Third row: don't have it, don't want it.

You obviously don't like the LX600, fine. Enjoy whatever else it is you want to drive. But accusing those of us who own it of dishonesty is just foolish. Do you seriously think we are running around with the wool over our eyes, dropping $90-$110k around on something we think is poorly designed?

🧐
Looks: I like it.
Tech: don't want all the tech, very pleased with the lack of lights, buttons, features that bmw and others go crazy with
Driving dynamics: comfortable, handles like I expect a LC to handle, plenty fast
Efficiency: what's not to like about 22mpg?
Range: 396 miles
Comfort: most comfortable vehicle I've owned (on number 25 now and have ridden and driven pretty much everything, worked in the car business for over a decade)
Interior design: gripe gripe gripe. The interior works great, feels great, looks great. What's your problem?
Handling: see above.
Sound system: base model's baseline sound system is super pleasant. Unless you're an audiophile, it has great bass, clear treble, and warm and filling mid.
Tailgate: we agree on one thing. I miss the tailgate.
Sunroof: works great. Don't want a panoramic sun roof, too much noise and too much light.
Third row: don't have it, don't want it.

You obviously don't like the LX600, fine. Enjoy whatever else it is you want to drive. But accusing those of us who own it of dishonesty is just foolish. Do you seriously think we are running around with the wool over our eyes, dropping $90-$110k around on something we think is poorly designed?

I said I was happy you’re happy, but everything you responded to was bull****. Enjoy the koolaid dude!

The other contenders have better everything you listed, including comfort. You’re the second person to say you didnt want technology, welp! Guess you bought the wrong car. The LX is full of adding “tech”. And no, you are not getting 22mpg.

Thanks for playing though!!!

I said I was happy you’re happy, but everything you responded to was bulls***. Enjoy the koolaid dude!

The other contenders have better everything you listed, including comfort. You’re the second person to say you didnt want technology, welp! Guess you bought the wrong car. The LX is full of adding “tech”. And no, you are not getting 22mpg.

Thanks for playing though!!!
F4D5B679-B63E-4882-AB52-257E9F186739.jpeg

Got this at 60mph two lane highway for about 150 miles.

I routinely get 22mpg on long trips at 80mph.

Grief man, call your crap on someone else.

View attachment 3286641

Got this at 60mph two lane highway for about 150 miles.

I routinely get 22mpg on long trips at 80mph.

Grief man, call your crap on someone else.

Bro, i can get 22 mpg at 60…
And i have 384 miles of range at 16mpg because my gas tank is bigger. And i dont have a driveline hump. And i have larger third quarter windows. And a tailgate. And steel belly pan and spindle instead of plastic and aluminum bull****.

Again, you are delusional if you think you’re getting 22 mixed let alone 24. Every single tundra bro has the honesty and humility to admit that, but you dont seem to get it. And they get a better drivetrain! LOL

Likewise, spread your delusions to someone else. I should have never commented. The 600 is a POS, but to each their own.

Also why are you shopping for suspension??? A fool and his money are easily parted i guess…

Last edited:
Bro, i can get 22 mpg at 60…
And i have 384 miles of range at 16mpg because my gas tank is bigger. And i dont have a driveline hump. And i have larger third quarter windows. And a tailgate. And steel belly pan and spindle instead of plastic and aluminum bulls***.

Again, you are delusional if you think you’re getting 22 mixed let alone 24. Every single tundra bro has the honesty and humility to admit that, but you dont seem to get it. And they get a better drivetrain! LOL

Likewise, spread your delusions to someone else. I should have never commented. The 600 is a POS, but to each their own.

Also why are you shopping for suspension??? A fool and his money are easily parted i guess…

My grandma used to say if you don't have anything nice to say, it is best to keep quiet. This social media interaction has really played a trick on our collective psyche it seems.

My grandma used to say if you don't have anything nice to say, it is best to keep quiet. This social media interaction has really played a trick on our collective psyche it seems.

Sure. I was in this thread for some reason i dont even remember. One echo chamber (200 forum) is enough for me. Ill show myself out gladly.

I hope everyone enjoys their reduced gas tank capacity, and lack of tailgate, twin turbo with no hybrid, and no pano roof LX 600 “base” LC replacement…

Bend over and let them give you the most subpar $90k suv on the market. And don’t forget to smile! You wouldn’t want to disappoint sweet grandma, or worse yet, deny a corporation its rightful cash grab. Would hate to hold them accountable at all for making universally hated decision and doubling down. That would just be downright negative. Everything is fine! And dont forget, the economy is super duper strong! Smiles are what matter most in the end.

While we are the topic of value of the lx600 compared to other vehicles…anyone compare the Jeep wagoneer / grand wagoneer to the lx600?

Which would excel more as an overlander ?

Sure. I was in this thread for some reason i dont even remember. One echo chamber (200 forum) is enough for me. Ill show myself out gladly.

I hope everyone enjoys their reduced gas tank capacity, and lack of tailgate, twin turbo with no hybrid, and no pano roof LX 600 “base” LC replacement…

Bend over and let them give you the most subpar $90k suv on the market. And don’t forget to smile! You wouldn’t want to disappoint sweet grandma, or worse yet, deny a corporation its rightful cash grab. Would hate to hold them accountable at all for making universally hated decision and doubling down. That would just be downright negative. Everything is fine! And dont forget, the economy is super duper strong! Smiles are what matter most in the end.

I just think in general to be somewhat objective about these things. While toyota still produces one of most reliable vehicles on the market, Toyotas are not as bomb proof as the once were, with Problems per 100 cards jumping 30 percent for Lexus, and 70 percent for Toyota over the past 4 years. The Toyota Brand is now on par with GM and even Nissan in terms of reliability per 100 cars. This completely undercuts the main value proposition with Toyota.

While Lexus reliability has not fallen off quite as much as with the Toyota badge, the reality is that sequoia,tundra, LX and LC are all platform builds with 95 percent of the components pulled from the same parts bin and the customer is left having to compromise on things that really should not be an issue in 2023.

For example,
I really like the Sequoia in TRD trim, with 2nd row captains chairs and the Panoramic roof, BUT the design of the cargo area is terrible and a deal killer

I really like the LX, its cargo area is far better designed than the sequoia, but at a minimum of a 20k premium, why does it have 100 less lbs of torque, and not available with a panoramic roof? (I know these answers by the way) . the 22 inch rims are terrible and I would have to drop another 4k on new rims and tires.

When i look at the LX's web page I see, phrases like ultimate indulgence... With no panoramic roof. I see Designed for off road use with 22 inch highway tires. I am seeing no packages available on their 90k model. I can add normal wheels and upgrade the sound system on the 100k premium model but it doesn't have AHC.

I Could get the 107k Luxury and get AHC and regular wheels...BUT its comes with the same stupid bench seats in the second row that is in the base model Sequoia... Seriously...

For 110k, the vehicle really needs to be the complete package, it really has be pushing best in class and most areas and it just feels like the LX is too much of a compromise.

Because nothing makes sense, Stuff like the GMC Denali Ultimate or the Ford Raptor are far more interesting that what toyota is offering at this point.

I just think in general to be somewhat objective about these things. While toyota still produces one of most reliable vehicles on the market, Toyotas are not as bomb proof as the once were, with Problems per 100 cards jumping 30 percent for Lexus, and 70 percent for Toyota over the past 4 years. The Toyota Brand is now on par with GM and even Nissan in terms of reliability per 100 cars. This completely undercuts the main value proposition with Toyota.
Interesting data, is that from JD Power's, Consumer Reports or? I would like to look at that info in more detail, do you have link please?

While we are the topic of value of the lx600 compared to other vehicles…anyone compare the Jeep wagoneer / grand wagoneer to the lx600?

Ive driven both. I would not consider the Grand Wagoneer anything but an urban hauler.

While Lexus reliability has not fallen off quite as much as with the Toyota badge, the reality is that sequoia,tundra, LX and LC are all platform builds with 95 percent of the components pulled from the same parts bin and the customer is left having to compromise on things that really should not be an issue in 2023.

I think Lexus is number 1 on the JD Power dependability rankings released last month and consumer reports had Toyota 1 and Lexus 2 in reliability late last year. Also somewhere there is an article that has Seq. and LC 1 and 2 in long term life expectancy. You may be citing the initial quality scores, Curious how the Land Cruiser/LX ranked specifically?

Based on the same platform doesn’t always mean same parts bin.

The LC and LC is made in Japan likely with far more parts made in Japan than the Tundra/Seq. that likely have very few, but are still good cars. Some may say that the high % of Lexus vehicles being produced in Japan has alot to do with their continued high ranking in dependability.

Interesting data, is that from JD Power's, Consumer Reports or? I would like to look at that info in more detail, do you have link please?

Yeah, it was pulled from JD power, keep in mind that this is just anecdotal information as no real model information is provide. While I still think Toyota makes a great vehicle, but they are not as bomb proof as they once were and thus have to re-access their value proposition.

Yeah, it was pulled from JD power, keep in mind that this is just anecdotal information as no real model information is provide. While I still think Toyota makes a great vehicle, but they are not as bomb proof as they once were and thus have to re-access their value proposition.

It would be interesting to see the breakdown of technology issues which are most common in the industry and mechanical issues.

True many manufacturers are building better vehicles and have closed the gap somewhat in the past few years (probably can thank a broader global economy, better computer aided design, and higher material cost) but to stay LC/LC specific they are still produced at a higher level than most anything else and remain unique in that regard.

I think Lexus is number 1 on the JD Power dependability rankings released last month and consumer reports had Toyota 1 and Lexus 2 in reliability late last year. Also somewhere there is an article that has Seq. and LC 1 and 2 in long term life expectancy. You may be citing the initial quality scores, Curious how the Land Cruiser/LX ranked specifically

Based on the same platform doesn’t always mean same parts bin.

The LC and LC is made in Japan likely with far more parts made in Japan than the Tundra/Seq. that likely have very few, but are still good cars. Some may say that the high % of Lexus vehicles being produced in Japan has alot to do with their continued high ranking in dependability.

I don't disagree with of this, but despite still being number one, Newer Lexus are not as reliable as older Lexus in a broad sense. That doesnt mean the new Lexus are bad cars, just changes the underlying value proposition of the brand.

Historically, I agree that Japan produced a more consistent product but am curious if this remains the case. In the past, The 150/200 Series were purpose built product lines that originated out of and were produced in Japan, where the TNGA-F is sort of the opposite of that. The Chassis, and the drivetrains are going to be built by the same robots, just in different locations.

At this point I reserve judgement to see how all of this plays out. If Toyota produces something interesting, I will buy it.

It would be interesting to see the breakdown of technology issues which are most common in the industry and mechanical issues.

True many manufacturers are building better vehicles and have closed the gap somewhat in the past few years (probably can thank a broader global economy, better computer aided design, and higher material cost) but to stay LC/LC specific they are still produced at a higher level than most anything else and remain unique in that regard.

Yeah it would be interesting to see what was the source.

And that's just the point that I try to keep in mind, especially in today's market and if other manufactures have closed the reliability gap, and offer customers far better assortment of options, What vehicle makes the most sense is going to be a lot closer,

At this point I am completely on the fence for what vehicle i will get into next. One moment I will be considering an LX or Sequioa, the next I will say F it and just go with a Work Truck Trim GMC 2500 and throw 35's on it. Suprisly My 2500 has been dead reliable running all over the middle east and that has sort of bumped it up a rung for me.

I've also driven the wagoneer. Surprised at how well Jeep built a vehicle compared to the rest of their line up. That said, it is ginormous, a bit hard to park, and quite noisy inside (though I'm spoiled by the quiet inside my Lx600). I agree with @stonepa , urban hauler. Too long for off road...though it would get you to your off-the-beaten-path lake or mountain house without difficulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom