Projecting, tinkering, fiddle-farting around: whatcha building? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Craft-Man Treasure Hunter

Great channel names guys! But after consulting with 'the boss', I don't think there would be a lot of episodes to film.

But never say never....

Oh... I sold the Husky tool box I got in Cleveland Heights with the nasty 7 drawer + bay lower.

Craftsman 7 drawer.jpg

Listed it for $130, buyer came back with a $120 offer. I accepted. But when the buyer showed up (I'm unsure which pronoun to use), I offered to toss in a tray for the top. I had two lying around, that I have no recollection of how/when I acquired them. They don't fit any of the Craftsman boxes, but fit the Husky. The buyer selected one, handed me $130, and everyone was happy, happy. That made the cost of the cruddy 7 drawer + bay lower, $0. Except for the tank of gasoline, and the four new tires I ended up buying in Ohio...

Edit: Crappy spelling corrections, etc.

Last edited:
Great channel names guys! But after consulting with 'the boss', I don't think there would be a lot of episodes to film.

But never say never....

Oh... I sold the Husky tool box I got in Cleveland Heights with the nasty 7 drawer + bay lower.

View attachment 3280543

Listed it for $130, buyer came back with a $120 offer. I accepted. But when the buyer showed up (I'm unsure which pronoun to use), I offered to toss in a tray for the top. I had two lying around, that I have no recollection of how/when I acquired them. They don't fit any of the Craftsman boxes, but fit the Husky. The buyer selected one, handed me $130, and everyone was happy, happy. That made the cost of the cruddy 7 drawer + bay lower, $0. Except for the tank of gasoline, and the four new tires I ended up buying in Ohio...

Edit: Crappy spelling corrections, etc.
Your tips and tricks for refinishing and restoring! That's gold!
Rust removal, filling in metal, sanding techniques, Smoothing, prepping, repainting.

Your tips and tricks for refinishing and restoring! That's gold!
Rust removal, filling in metal, sanding techniques, Smoothing, prepping, repainting.
I agree. You could break them down into small 10min videos and people would eat them up. The intro could be a speed pan through the wall. Talk about things you found didn’t work or things that did. Interview “old” guys that maybe worked at an Ace Hardware or such that remembers selling them back in the day. There are so many things you could touch on.

The side trim is on and it looks cleaner. Now I need to find trim for side verticals and gables to finish it off. Going to pressure wash it all this weekend and add some lights.
D3E1E82F-6B19-4D56-9304-BE57D23BD4EF.jpeg

But never say never....
I watch a lot of woodworking videos, and it's shocking sometimes how HORRIBLE some of them are. Guys with crap stacked all over the place and piles of sawdust on the floor, unsafe tool usage, no PPE, etc. Your clean shop and clever designs would be a hit. But you gotta be willing to put in the time with editing, etc.

Whoops…I did it again.
F49D35EB-FE39-4E04-8D58-29F12E437843.jpeg

Ya know, just so they'd both be the same height, I'll take that 3 drawer middle box off you hands....
Actually I’m now looking for another 3 drawer. 🤣

The side trim is on and it looks cleaner. Now I need to find trim for side verticals and gables to finish it off. Going to pressure wash it all this weekend and add some lights. View attachment 3280891
I highly recommend anchoring it down SECURELY.

I added the mobile home anchors to mine, they auger down like 2', maybe 3'...
16796996378205326942156657306304.jpg
16796996703991709075919924252889.jpg

I’ll stop, I promise.
88B8B6A0-7A4F-4CC3-9826-EE4215CD9DFC.jpeg

Carport washed and lights working.
4846F158-3153-46A5-9F4F-2298CA4D7414.jpeg

Hmmm.... I see seven or eight gray trash cans (on wheels no less). Are you going to therapy for that addiction too?
Lolz. My FIL gets them for free and gives them to me. I use them for storing extra wood, metal, chicken feed, potting soil…etc. they are AWESOME!!
STOP EYEBALLING MY TRASH CANS!!!!!!!!

I'm sure these seemed like a good idea at the time:

20230327_140832.jpg

Previous owner put red felt in all the drawers of the 7 + bay lower (and the 3 drawer upper). Great idea, I'll give him props for that. Unfortunately, he decided to take it a bit further, and glue the felt down. Oh, and not just a couple of dabs here and there. Noooooo.... Open the can of contact cement, grab a 2" brush, and go to town.

After soaking with Purple Power for an hour, delicate use of a razor blade scraper, I managed to get it all out:

20230327_140917.jpg

Got three done, only seven more to go, along with the top area of the upper box. Going to be a bit more indepth cosmetic resto than I had planned for.

I’m redoing my sign finally. I had an old piece of aluminum laying around so after trimming and multiple passes of the sander it’s looking smooth. I lined up the letters and screwed them down. Next is mounting holes in the aluminum frame and the holes to run the wires. I bought a transformer and I’ll eventually wire it up.
F886AF16-49E4-4394-B4A0-E367329AD64C.jpeg
F4F86011-02E9-4635-ADEB-BBDFC06B34DE.jpeg
940FEFC9-A42E-4739-951F-A8069DE09D4D.jpeg

I'm sure these seemed like a good idea at the time:

View attachment 3283738

Previous owner put red felt in all the drawers of the 7 + bay lower (and the 3 drawer upper). Great idea, I'll give him props for that. Unfortunately, he decided to take it a bit further, and glue the felt down. Oh, and not just a couple of dabs here and there. Noooooo.... Open the can of contact cement, grab a 2" brush, and go to town.

After soaking with Purple Power for an hour, delicate use of a razor blade scraper, I managed to get it all out:

View attachment 3283746

Got three done, only seven more to go, along with the top area of the upper box. Going to be a bit more indepth cosmetic resto than I had planned for.
Did you paint them or is that how they came out after?
What liners are you putting in them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom