80 Series Seat and Center Console Upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey there,
Does Anyone have experience with The Corbeau Trailcat seats? I'm about to take my 91 FJ80 from SOCAL to Florida for college. I need something pretty comfortable for that drive, and I want to upgrade due to the state of the current seats. im able to order these online with the brackets driver and passenger for $1237 including shipping.

Also considering the @Delta VS center console and shifter console. I would like to do the one with 2 switches and mostly blank angle plate as to put a ham radio head in that panel.

Thoughts?
Other suggestions for the 2200 mile drive?

Never used those seats before. I will say that for me, generally, non-lumbar adjustable Toyota seats are more comfortable for me. I like the cloth 80 seats better than the leather 80 seats, at least as far as comfort is concerned.

Is your seat worn out? Do you know what about it doesn't work for you?

Will your old seats be up for sale ?

I have seen driver and passenger seats swapped before, at least in 4Runners. May be a cheap, last ditch option.

I would buy one scheel-mann seat and the console. You can get it all from deltavs.com

Most aftermarket seats are made more for racing and trails. Scheel-mann are made for comfort.

Did 13 hours on Saturday in that seat, I am always impressed after long drives.

Good luck on the drive.

Sparco and DeltaVS

20220222_163955.jpg

I would steer clear of the center console. Ridiculously expensive, adds weight, and really does not do anything over the stock. Just keep the factory seats and get them recovered with new bottom foams. I have a set of recaros they are nice, but I would probably be just as happy with stock seats.

I would steer clear of the center console. Ridiculously expensive, adds weight, and really does not do anything over the stock. Just keep the factory seats and get them recovered with new bottom foams. I have a set of recaros they are nice, but I would probably be just as happy with stock seats.

Old console might be thrashed, which warrants replacement alone.

Old console has pathetic cup holders.

Old console is limited in storage space.

At least that was the case for me.

20220204_102809.jpg

New console adds convenience of adding aftermarket accessories that can easily be removed if you change things up later.

20220222_163552.jpg

Previous owner used wood screws to mount a CB radio to the rear of the old center console.

20220119_090519.jpg

Hey there,
Does Anyone have experience with The Corbeau Trailcat seats? I'm about to take my 91 FJ80 from SOCAL to Florida for college. I need something pretty comfortable for that drive, and I want to upgrade due to the state of the current seats. im able to order these online with the brackets driver and passenger for $1237 including shipping.

Also considering the @Delta VS center console and shifter console. I would like to do the one with 2 switches and mostly blank angle plate as to put a ham radio head in that panel.

Thoughts?
Other suggestions for the 2200 mile drive?

Your young and tough and going to college so save your money for tuition and stick with what you got. Just take your time on the drive and make lots of pit stops to stretch.

What model Sparco and do you have any regrets or wish you went with a different seat?

Thinking a lot about the Scheelman seats.

So, I have to add that I've daily driven Corvettes for over 15 years.

With that said, I'm 37 with a really bad back (disabled veteran).

I got used to having to 'step over' a high bolster which could be an issue for some that aren't so used to it. It's not that high, just not at all flat like the stock seat is.

Here's my stocker before I yanked it out and tossed it in the trash.

20220222_154549.jpg

The Sparco seat I opted for was the 'GT'.

20220218_135334.jpg

I got their vehicle-specific mount as well as their 'track slider'. I don't use the track much at all but was useful for getting it in the right position just for me.

20220222_152818.jpg

20220222_153642.jpg

I don't know what it is but the ergonomics for me are absolutely Perfect.

There's a small lumbar adjustment which adds to the comfort as well.

20220222_164058.jpg

My LC is a daily driver and I've put many miles on it in the last year and have absolutely no regrets. Just wish I had done such an upgrade in my last Tacoma and 4Runner.

What model Sparco and do you have any regrets or wish you went with a different seat?

Thinking a lot about the Scheelman seats.
I would park th LC and get an economy car. The. Once you get a job and start making good money take back the LC.

Old console might be thrashed, which warrants replacement alone.

Old console has pathetic cup holders.

Old console is limited in storage space.

At least that was the case for me.

View attachment 3283590

New console adds convenience of adding aftermarket accessories that can easily be removed if you change things up later.

View attachment 3283592
Previous owner used wood screws to mount a CB radio to the rear of the old center console.

View attachment 3283594
The stock console has rounded corners and looks like it belongs with the rest of the interior and no hardware sticking out of the sides.JMHO
Stock foam bottoms are still available ;)

Your young and tough and going to college so save your money for tuition and stick with what you got. Just take your time on the drive and make lots of pit stops to stretch.
This is just crazy talk!

Check @Box Rocket s thread on seat swaps. Great information on seat choices, mounting brackets, and install tips. Really worth looking through.

The stock console has rounded corners and looks like it belongs with the rest of the interior and no hardware sticking out of the sides.JMHO
Stock foam bottoms are still available ;)

The last reason is one I omitted from my initial post as it is purely subjective; I don't like the aesthetics of the old center and shifter panel ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom