1st gen 4Runner rear glass sliders (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jynx

Turd Herder
SILVER Star
Threads
Does anyone know if I can buy the slider that goes on the bottom of the rear glass for a 1st gen 4runner? Our drivers side decided to rehome itself into the bottom of the tailgate. PS could stand to be replaced. Just can't seem to figure out what it's called to even try to find a replacement.

20230325_113312.jpg

This is supposed to be attached to the window, but has rotted off. Window will go up and down, but doesn't really like it.

The arms also appear to be a couple of teeth off, but that's a fight for another day. Luckily the soft top is about to go back on for the summer, but I'd like to get this sorted for next winter time.

Thanks

Even though it's unlikely that it's available, look on parts.toyota.com. That at least will get you started. Then check with dry climate used parts people. I have a spare rear window but it doesn't have that piece attached.

Checked all regular spots including Partsouq. Everywhere shows it NLA.

Found these on ebay

The rubber isolators are still showing in most of the parts places, so I may pick up the rubbers and give these a shot. The factory is one piece across the whole window, but these will do the heavy work. I'll have to figure out how to reconnect the defrost once I have the sliders. Since the soft top is about to go back on, I won't be in a big hurry, but I'm gonna try and knock it out this summer between other stuff.

The sliders are still available. Use Gen2 4R part numbers. 69907-35010 (RH), 69907-35020 (LH). About $27 each.

Checked all regular spots including Partsouq. Everywhere shows it NLA.

Found these on ebay

The rubber isolators are still showing in most of the parts places, so I may pick up the rubbers and give these a shot. The factory is one piece across the whole window, but these will do the heavy work. I'll have to figure out how to reconnect the defrost once I have the sliders. Since the soft top is about to go back on, I won't be in a big hurry, but I'm gonna try and knock it out this summer between other stuff.
A hundred bucks a pair!? That is quite the markup.

A hundred bucks a pair!? That is quite the markup.
Agree, but I can't find any other options. You got a line on some others, or does anybody know if a set from a 90-95 would work?

Agree, but I can't find any other options. You got a line on some others, or does anybody know if a set from a 90-95 would work?
Look up .I gave you part numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom