80 Series Dream Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The Car:
97 80 series FZJ collectors edition (no lockers)
170k miles

The Project:
Going to spend about 3 years worth of budget (fluid) to have full resto modifications
Want to open up my dream
Project to see what you guys would recommend.
Only thing I’m certain about is the wheels being black rhino armory (sand color To match paint)
So let it rip. Nothing is off the table.
What would you do ?

My dream build would start with a 2” lift and 37’s (which requires cutting and welding) to keep the center of gravity low. Bumpers, sliders installed after cutting out the rocker panels to gain more clearance, rear quarter panel armor, custom 2-tone paint, upgraded brakes, Slee Toyota V8 swap, Northwest Blackbox gear reduction, lockers, RCV 300M axles, 270 degree awning, solar, refrigerator, a great stereo, navigation, and HAM/GMRS.

Here’s some of my favorite mods, big and small.

Sumo 3.1:1 Low Range reduction gears
Whiteline Heavy Duty rear swaybar
Wits’ End “Nut Huggers”
LCP rear HD Swaybar Links
Redhead Steering Gearbox with 105 sector and pitman arm
Eimkeith Lower Link Mount Skids
Merlin BXD95 solar panel
SwitchPro 9100
Wagon Gear tailgate lid
Rosen Aircraft Visors
LCP transfer case shifter extension
Dometic CFX 75 refrigerator
Morimoto HID headlights

Last edited:
Take it to torfab and get the v8 and 10 speed auto swap.

Than new suspension including bushings, new upgraded brakes, all new locks and window components, fix any leaks, refresh interior, new stereo system, and update the headlights.

Depending on the condition of the paint either get it cut and polished or repaint it.

Step 1: Lockers
Step 2: BH3D Cup Holders
Step 6: :beer:

My dream build would start with a 2” lift and 37’s (which requires cutting and welding) to keep the center of gravity low. Bumpers, sliders installed after cutting out the rocker panels to gain more clearance, rear quarter panel armor, custom 2-tone paint, upgraded brakes, Slee Toyota V8 swap, Northwest Blackbox gear reduction, lockers, RCV 300M axles, 270 degree awning, solar, refrigerator, a great stereo, navigation, and HAM/GMRS.

Here’s some of my favorite mods, big and small.

Sumo 3.1:1 Low Range reduction gears
Whiteline Heavy Duty rear swaybar
Wits’ End “Nut Huggers”
LCP rear HD Swaybar Links
Redhead Steering Gearbox with 105 sector and pitman arm
Eimkeith Lower Link Mount Skids
Merlin BXD95 solar panel
SwitchPro 9100
Wagon Gear tailgate lid
Rosen Aircraft Visors
LCP transfer case shifter extension
Dometic CFX 75 refrigerator
Morimoto HID headlights
Slee no longer does the Toyota V8 swaps.

New Gen V LT1/10 speed auto conversion, no question. Don't need to touch the stock gears with that. 37s on the smallest slinky springs lift that will fit. SDI e-click remote-adjustable shocks. Dakota Digital cluster. Minimal yet effective lighting package. Fresh leather/cloth interior, heated/cooled seats, console fridge. drawer system and BS of your choice. Probably custom armor to keep it as OE looking as possible.

Coil packed 1fz
Turbo
H151

zjc04v3a76w31.jpg

Slee no longer does the Toyota V8 swaps.
You’re right, but we’re dreaming here. Have a friend that just bought 2 of the Slee V8 swaps. Slee did a detailed, quality job on those swaps!! The donor 100 series for the motor and drivetrain got too expensive I hear secondhand from Crysto. Enough money and Cristo might be talked into doing another?

Then add a twin turbo with balance/blueprint, over sized low compression piston match to the turbo, custom headers, port and polish, nitrous, and hahaha …it never ends !

Last edited:
You’re right, but we’re dreaming here. Have a friend that just bought 2 of the Slee V8 swaps. Slee did a detailed, quality job on those swaps!! The donor 100 series for the motor and drivetrain got too expensive I hear secondhand from Crysto. Enough money and Cristo might be talked into doing another?

Then add a twin turbo with balance/blueprint, over sized low compression piston match to the turbo, custom headers, port and polish, nitrous, and hahaha …it never ends !
I think SNLC does those sorts of builds, but
CEB76E56-F9EC-466D-8357-8F5A31BC47C3.jpeg
I’m not sure. As for, “it never ends,” believe me, I’m very familiar with that addiction. By the time I stopped modifying this one it had a high compression big-bore kit, knife-edged, balanced, and polished crank, lightened fly wheel, race cams, lightweight slipper clutch, billet velocity intakes, Termignoni exhaust, race ECU, Superbike shocks and forks, magnesium wheels, and on and on and on. I’m trying to keep the disease in check with myLand Cruiser, but it is fun spending other people’s money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom