TLCA Rubithon 2023 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That’ll be about 1.5 to 2 inches a day. Totally doable! I think TLCA should invest in a truck mounted flamethrower 🔥
USDA snow melt report from last year shows some days can clear 6" of melt in a single day. A warm week or a warmer rain storm can really have a huge impact. And although it's still snowing up there right now, snow pack has been declining slowly in between storms. Hoping to see the spring weather push this cold out and get the melting this.

This is something that I think we will need to really think about 🤔 because in the past once we get a group to the springs. Our trail lead responsibility is basically over even though my groups have always stayed together even exiting on Sun . Getting everyone back out to loon is a little bigger task . Also at least for me I need to think of Fuel. Not sure the range of my 40 yet 🤷‍♂️
Going out back to Loon will definitely change the fuel outlook for me. It's doable I suppose with extra fuel on board. We'll know when we get closer for sure. We aren't the first big run of the season thankfully.

Maybe it would be a good idea to move the dinner/raffle to Friday This would give us Sat and Sun to get everyone out. Maybe run in times groups also to keep it from being grid lock

Going out back to Loon will definitely change the fuel outlook for me. It's doable I suppose with extra fuel on board. We'll know when we get closer for sure. We aren't the first big run of the season thankfully.
I have driven back to Loon from Buck In my big fat wagon and it only took a couple of hours. I always carry extra fuel (in the event that Cadillac might be closed and I would need to back track). That being said, there are a few spots on big sluice, above the dam, etc that could definitely be a log jam. It could require a lot more “exit committee“ scattered over more of the trail (and possibly more cohesive groups on the way out).

Wonder if the HiLows would be willing to work Big Sluice in lieu of Cadillac.
They might have some serious access issues as well, since they normally drop in from Tahoe.

As a Truckee/Tahoe resident who has been living in this madness all winter....
I wish you all luck for a positively memorable rubithon and great wheeling, whenever it happens.
no doubt trails are going to clear much later than normal this year and water will be higher everywhere, both standing and running.

Wonder if the HiLows would be willing to work Big Sluice in lieu of Cadillac.
They might have some serious access issues as well, since they normally drop in from Tahoe.
Rubithon lists registration for Wednesday Barker’s Pass Run from Tahoe side. Anyone has any information on this run?

Ok i just had a good Conversation with Ross . everything is going as planed We are Not Changing the dates . Let me say that again. We are Not Changing the dates . Some of us will be running it before hand . We feel Cadillac is going to be ok and have a few things in place to make sure . who knows maybe we have to use a snow blower lol. Think positive . As far as Barkers run by all means sign up . IF conditions are just to much we will cross that bridge when we get to it . Then we will figure out a exit plan. .

Ok i just had a good Conversation with Ross . everything is going as planed We are Not Changing the dates . Let me say that again. We are Not Changing the dates . Some of us will be running it before hand . We feel Cadillac is going to be ok and have a few things in place to make sure . who knows maybe we have to use a snow blower lol. Think positive . As far as Barkers run by all means sign up . IF conditions are just to much we will cross that bridge when we get to it . Then we will figure out a exit plan. .
A few people with shovels if we have to ❄️🏂

You guys think I will be ok. I don’t think I have snowflake tires 😳
Hull Mntn, Snow copy.JPG

Snowflakes are way over rated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom