The - Resurrected - CLCC Toyota Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You guys seen this one?

So much Toyota goodness in this video... not sure if it's possible to turn on English captions or not but still worth a watch:

I’m not really at the point of considering I don’t think. More just curious. I’ve never even seen one in person. Your post sums up my main thoughts though really. I guess the draw is the oddity of it, which is usually not a benefit in most cases like this. The only diesel I have experience with is my little kubota and driving fire engines. I haven’t really worked on either besides regular pm on the kubota. I guess I just wondered what the allure is and how the 2 engines compared if anyone had owned both. I’ve always wanted a 2F. There is no driving passion making me want a diesel.
From what has been said though it would probably make me more inclined to pass if something came my way.
man, the 2H is a terrible motor for modern driving. It's such a dog, probably accelerates slower than a 2F, if that's possible. It gets good mileage, that's about it. I know several guys over the years that had a 60 with the 2H and they never liked them and always stated that they wished they'd held out for a 12HT. The 12HT on the other hand...that's a great motor. ;)

Decent render...

If they bring this back as a Bronco fighter with a turbo 4 and manual transmission I'd be all in.

2025-toyota-4runner-render-motortrend.jpg

Agree.

Yeah, only the first slide is badass.

Gen 4 Tacos will have a manual transmission optional. Yay!

Got to admit, liking what Im seeing with the Trail hunter trim, even though I think that name sucks noodles.

What's up with the backs of the TRD seats?

What's up with the backs of the TRD seats?
They are supposed to be more comfortable in rough off roading. They have vertical and horizontal shocks in them to help compensate. The engineer said the seats make a 7% difference, which doesn’t seem like a lot, but they said it makes a big difference. I’d certainly like to try them.

I don't understand why everything has to have the stupid Craptor lights in the grill. Maybe it's just me, but I hate them.

I don't understand why everything has to have the stupid Craptor lights in the grill. Maybe it's just me, but I hate them.

“When Ford's Special Vehicle Team (SVT) turned an F-150 into the Raptor, they modified its suspension to set its wheels wider apart. This increased track bumped the resulting truck above the magic 80 inch width and meant it needed to come with marker lights–just like a semi truck.”

I don’t know what all the little trucks need them for. At least the Raptors had to do it at the sacrifice of making a better performing vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom