Too much rust? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That’s a lot of rust. Just looking at the rot on that transfer case scares me, my truck looks better and I live in salty Chicago

Car came from Manhattan new york. Not alot of driving just up north car
So 88k miles of NYC city traffic? That’s like 250k+ of normal abuse.

That’s a lot of rust. Just looking at the rot on that transfer case scares me, my truck looks better and I live in salty Chicago
Thats the worst spot by far. But isnt that shield really only for offroad protection? Again this is a casual daily 15 miles per day on avg. maybe 1 trip a year. Again i have no intentions on off roading this at all

I won't argue on the rust, but to those saying you can find better than 88k miles truck for $20k... where?

Y'all need to learn the fine art of stalking old ladies through Joanns fabric store to buy their truck. 😂
Im giving up the whole game here!

It looks serviceable but if you are ever going to ever live somewhere that isn't dry (where it snows/they salt the roads) I'd pass. Basically, don't get it any more rusty than it is at it seems like it's on the edge of being a problem.

It looks serviceable but if you are ever going to ever live somewhere that isn't dry (where it snows/they salt the roads) I'd pass. Basically, don't get it any more rusty than it is at it seems like it's on the edge of being a problem.
No we rarely get snow where im at. If i take the time to spray and paint the bottom you think it should be manageable? Also the part on the transfer case that seems to be the worst what should i do there? Thanks buddy

Y'all need to learn the fine art of stalking old ladies through Joanns fabric store to buy their truck. 😂
Im giving up the whole game here!
That doesn't count lol. I've gotten cars for a $1, but what's the market like is a different story...

I'm talking cars.com, autotrader, ebay, etc. Not "I know a grandma who drove it to church on Sundays" 🤭

I guess, if its TRULY mechanically sound and you REALLY need to meet budget, AND you have it dry ice or soda blasted, AS WELL AS properly seal it afterwards, and you DO NOT live in a brine pit, its not that bad, IF you can swing all that. I have seen worse, much worse actually.

Consider those costs and hoops though OP.

That doesn't count lol. I've gotten cars for a $1, but what's the market like is a different story...

I'm talking cars.com, autotrader, ebay, etc. Not "I know a grandma who drove it to church on Sundays" 🤭
Its so clean though i think im going to keep and do what needs to be done to slow the rust. Again dry climate not much driving and no offroading. What you guys think

6F8FB47F-39D8-4327-878F-605B99D31C05.jpeg

Its so clean though i think im going to keep and do what needs to be done to slow the rust. Again dry climate not much driving and no offroading. What you guys think

View attachment 3279095
Bruh that AHC is clapped or are you in low?

Someone price out just the t case bash plate for OP if you are on desktop.

You want the truck. It’s already been rusted thru the usual ahc pipe above the rear crossmember. It’s probably also got serious rust on the ahc manifold driver rear in front of tire.
So book in that part too in your repairs.
Ahc is a time based system, that year is due for new accumulators as well. They leak a certain a mount of pressure over time each year.

On top of this, you run the risk of the ahc pump having lost prime because the suspension is already compromised. Reestablishing prime is possible but not elementary.

No one of these is a big deal, but together it could be some $$$.

On top of that, as had been mentioned, every time you need to maintain something the cost will be high.

The rusty transfer case skid is the least of your worries.

You meet a Hot chick…
Take her home…
Get her clothes off…
Nothing but scabs and crabs.

You can do better. Don’t get lured in by the outer appearance

Run like Arthur did from the Rabbit of Caerbannog.

That truck will be nothing but expensive problems. If you lived where that was an inevitability this would be different advice, but you have the chance to own a 200 and drive it in good shape for as long as you want, this thing will not do that.

I guess, if its TRULY mechanically sound and you REALLY need to meet budget, AND you have it dry ice or soda blasted, AS WELL AS properly seal it afterwards, and you DO NOT live in a brine pit, its not that bad, IF you can swing all that. I have seen worse, much worse actually.

Consider those costs and hoops though OP.
Money isnt a issue. Finding one near me is.

Money isnt a issue.

Well forget anything I said then and have one shipped to you from some part of the country that does not sacrifice its vehicles with yearly caustic bull****.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom