What did you do on your 70 series today? (31 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Added a little flare!

B90237D2-83CB-4D53-A6A4-F0F2C87B580F.jpeg

Hit the road for a work trip to Marin and spent the night midway in the Mojave. It was the first trip with the new buildout on the driver's side and man, what a difference. No more bags strapped down everywhere. Everything has a drawer or cubby that it gets tucked into. Even making coffee while I fill up at the gas station is a cinch with the 2000w inverter and electric kettle. It's taken three years to get the ol' 75 to where it is today but worth every penny...

Also, even with the 40g aux tank (280lbs, behind the axle) and the main tank full, I'm still getting 25mpg consistently with the R2.8.

View attachment 3278584

View attachment 3278585

View attachment 3278586

View attachment 3278587

View attachment 3278588
Your rig is Impressive! I"m wondering how large a rig that engine could push down the road at 70mph and have enough acceleration in traffic. GM put's their 4cyl duramax in full size vans that are used by fedex. R2.8 in a sequoia size vehicle? HMMWV with R2.8 (torque and HP similar to original 6.2 NA diesel)?

You have any leaf spring issues or is that all set? I copied your wheel and tire setup, it looks fantastic. Look forward to comparing in person next time.
No issue with breaking the leaf spring center bolt on this outing.

I enjoyed parking next to a Rolls Royce. Only in Texas do you find a Rolls (with California plates) parked on the street like a Chevy and the Rolls even has signs of mud on the tires.
20230318_153144.jpg

In the final stages of having a Holley Sniper system installed on my 95 FZJ73 with IFZ.

A8D73DA6-5D0C-4359-92F7-81B163935949.jpeg

I’ll post some info on the Sniper kit once the install is complete as it’s a custom made adapter and kit in conjunction with the Holley Sniper.

The radiator was bought off eBay. I’ve seen 2 bought and installed and they are great.

Radiator Link

What'd you have to fix?
It was oddly simple in one part. It would have trouble shifting into and out of low. I read a post about rebuilding the transfer case and buried in there and as a tip about adding a c-clip to the shifter linkage so a post wouldn’t slip and that solved part of it. The other was heating and bending the shifter back to normal. Someone along the way had bent it and both sticks hit and pop out of low into neutral if you shifted out of reverse.

Edit: here is the post: Stuck Transfer Case Shifter - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/stuck-transfer-case-shifter.790848/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom