Anyone running Pioneer TS-A1670F in the front and back doors? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not an Audio file, the paper OE speakers in my ride can barely reproduce AM Audio so I am wanting to replace all 4 door speakers with Pioneer TS-A1670F, and I wanted to confirm they will clear the glass, and if I can still use the factory speaker covers. According to Clutchfield nothing fits, google search didn't help, and ih8mud search didn't either. Thank you for your time.

I didn't use those for the fronts I used the ...

Pioneer TS-G1620F.​

A bit smaller mounting depth (1-7/8 for the A series and 1-3/4 for the G series). It is only a 2 way, but it is still better than stock. I was also able to retain factory speaker covers.

I believe the rears were smaller (5.25" iirc) and I had to modify the speaker mounts (the plastic ring) to be able to mount the speaker and still keep the factory grille. I used the same G series pioneers and was pleased with the results.

I didn't use those for the fronts I used the ...

Pioneer TS-G1620F.​

A bit smaller mounting depth (1-7/8 for the A series and 1-3/4 for the G series). It is only a 2 way, but it is still better than stock. I was also able to retain factory speaker covers.

I believe the rears were smaller (5.25" iirc) and I had to modify the speaker mounts (the plastic ring) to be able to mount the speaker and still keep the factory grille. I used the same G series pioneers and was pleased with the results.
I just installed the Pioneer TS-G1620F. retained factory covers and it clears the glass. I wanted to now replace the rear speakers
what are the options for rear?

I just installed Pioneer TS-G1045R in the rear doors. It required some cutting and mods to the plastic factory mounting “cup” but I’m very happy with the results and it allows the factory covers to be used.

I found them on EBay as new old stock, as they are no longer available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom