Events/Trails APRIL Run of the Month - Saturday, April 15, 2023 - Bradberry Cabin loop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mark your calendars for the April 2023 Run of the Month! This run will take place northeast of Tucson, see below for more details! Thanks to @Stepmurr for sharing his vast knowledge of this area.

When: Saturday, April 15, 2023

MEETUP DETAILS: 9:30 AM at Oracle, AZ Circle K gas station
2000 W American Ave, Oracle, AZ 85623 2000 W American Ave · 2000 W American Ave, Oracle, AZ 85623 - https://goo.gl/maps/cvYXuWds2ivoNmWy9
After gassing up meet in the adjacent dirt lot. We will plan to pull out of the gas station by 9:45 AM sharp!

The meetup spot is about a 2-hour drive from the Phoenix Valley, so plan accordingly.

About the run:

This is one of the most scenic routes I've run if you are a fan of Sonoran desert flora: thick "forests" of saguaros, cholla, ocotillo, and more. The hope is that we will hit this area at a prime time for spring desert blooms! The trail is a loop and we will plan to make it to Bradberry Cabin and stop there for lunch (plan to bring your own) before continuing on to finish the loop.

The trail should be stoker friendly HOWEVER I would recommend at minimum rock rails/sliders, especially if you are not an "experienced" off-road driver.

This will be organized as a day trip and we will finish up with plenty of time to book it back to the Valley or Tucson, but I myself will plan to be camping Saturday night at a location TBD and invite anyone else keen on the idea to join me! (Possibly camping near Chimney Rock area)

We will be using HAM for trail communications and it is highly recommended that even if you are unlicensed that you carry a handheld HAM radio for listening purposes.

If you plan to attend please chime in below!

Attendees:

1. Abigail (camping)
2. @TheGrrrrr
3. @AZdan
4. @DesmoPilot (camping)
5. @Hank Tank (maybe)
6. @cruzer971 (maybe)
7. @Nphosek
8. @Saddletramp + friend Jim
9. @Otter (maybe)
10. @jgoldstein
11. Mysterious new potential member
12. @brian az
13. @Nphosek + guest
Hello, I may be able to make this run! I have been waiting for the stars, or at least my calendar, to align with a run and this one just may. Please put my name on the list.

Tentative in!

Put me down as an alternate for camping.

Sorry to miss this one Abigail Travis and I will be fishing in Mexico. Y’all have fun and enjoy the Wildflowers!

Since we've so far had a lot of interest in this run, depending on how big the group ends up we may split into two staggered subgroups, so don't be concerned if the number of trucks signed up seems high!

Since we've so far had a lot of interest in this run, depending on how big the group ends up we may split into two staggered subgroups, so don't be concerned if the number of trucks signed up seems high!
Hi Abigail, heads-up you have me on the list twice. Just leave the Nphosek+ guest and remove Nphosek by it self please.

I’m gonna tag along for the run & camping and then head for Moab on Sunday.

I looked at my calendar and that weekend for me is starting to look really busy but I think that I might set up a smaller pre-run the week before to give you guys a heads up. I'll keep you posted.

I looked at my calendar and that weekend for me is starting to look really busy but I think that I might set up a smaller pre-run the week before to give you guys a heads up. I'll keep you posted.
Id be interested in going with you if you do this lmk

I was going to message you that I would be interested in the pre-run but I just found out that my daughter got invited to a soccer tournament in Mesa that weekend.

Do you have a pin for where the trail starts? I am a definite maybe but will drive from tucson so the oracle meetup is out of the way.

Do you have a pin for where the trail starts? I am a definite maybe but will drive from tucson so the oracle meetup is out of the way.
I'll PM you the route track.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom