Crazy Question about FR/Rr lockers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

"Crazy question..."

Isn't that how clickbait ads start? Seems to work here, too.

Actually.....given the age of our Land Cruisers and in most cases 'multiple owners' the door sticker only tells us what the vehicle was 'born' with (or without).

The only way to be sure IF a vehicle has a 'selective' locker is to look at the differential(s) AND drive it.

More accurately it tells you what the door was  originally attached to.

True. A door might not even be original to the vehicle (check against VIN), good point.

Fair enough. Unfortunate, but agree this is true.

I guess the best way is to do your research first. Know what you are buying. I purposely asked the seller of mine to meet near a dirt road specifically to test lockers. I also spent a long time with a flashlight looking under the cruiser. In addition, I spent a full year reading this forum before finally buying an 80.

Sorry this happened @BDHLCfj80. People are douches

Fair enough. Unfortunate, but agree this is true.

I guess the best way is to do your research first. Know what you are buying. I purposely asked the seller of mine to meet near a dirt road specifically to test lockers. I also spent a long time with a flashlight looking under the cruiser. In addition, I spent a full year reading this forum before finally buying an 80.

Sorry this happened @BDHLCfj80. People are douches

^^^^^

In fairness....we don't know the reason the OEM switch is in place. It could well be that some previous owner intended to install select-able lockers (OEM or aftermarket electric) and only got as far as installing the switch. You can use the Factory switch to activate aftermarket lockers.

Unless the vehicle was represented as having 'Lockers' (and was knowingly misrepresented by the seller) then it might not be as nefarious as it seems on the surface. After all....the OP didn't even know they didn't have lockers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom