Factory running board question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a ‘93 FZJ80 and it’s missing the running boards. Will a later model (‘95) set bolt on? Or does the exhaust (catalytic converters) change??

DB9682A3-6868-4721-A666-E52DA57801C0.jpeg

My question is, does the placement of the catalytic converter on the passenger side change affecting the factory running board mounting bracket placement. I have a 1993 and have found a 95 and a 97 donor cruiser.

My question is, does the placement of the catalytic converter on the passenger side change affecting the factory running board mounting bracket placement. I have a 1993 and have found a 95 and a 97 donor cruiser.
The 93 through 97 should have the same rubber connectors front and rear, as the flares have the same profile.

Most folks have thrown away their stock running boards because they are too flimsy or rust out. You can get them for free on here most of the time if they have not already made it to the landfill / recycling centers.

Most have gone to sliders because they are heavier duty, can be ordered flatter and with step covers on them for kids' feet or other needs.

I have the WKOR sliders and got them with a lower angle for my son with a disability so he can get in/out easier.

It's the same part number for the 1991-1997 models, so you should be fine. I'm wondering why you want them. They tend to be rust magnets and not of much practical use.

I just don’t have the budget for sliders rn and this vehicle is for my short-legged kid to drive. I’m assuming the steps will at least support the weight of an adult to aid in climbing in and out of the vehicle.

I got some off of a 97 and so far, perfect fit.

Red,

If it is going to be a mall crawler there is nothing wrong with them and seeing you are in Texas the rust should be a non-issue unless you are near the gulf. Glad to see you were able to get a set and they are working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom