What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (32 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Had my Auxito LED license plate light bulbs go out and start flickering after 4 years, so decided to switch it to entirely new housings with integrated LED's by Gempro:
Amazon product ASIN B07GV9PD6L
IMG_5312.jpg

IMG_5313.jpg

For a higher quality option, I'd go for the ~$40 STEDI ones (look similar, but with different markings and power ratings), but got the Amazon ones since I didn't like the look of a flickering bulb until these could come in:

Had my Auxito LED license plate light bulbs go out and start flickering after 4 years, so decided to switch it to entirely new housings with integrated LED's by Gempro:
Amazon product ASIN B07GV9PD6LView attachment 3275262
View attachment 3275264

For a higher quality option, I'd go for the ~$40 STEDI ones (look similar, but with different markings and power ratings), but got the Amazon ones since I didn't like the look of a flickering bulb until these could come in:

These are a direct swap with no error lights?

Looks great. Which badges did you use? I don't see any listed specifically for LC200.
Thanks to Brad, he shared the info below with me.
“The 06-07 Cruiser used the same grille badge as the 08-15 Cruiser. The 03-05 Cruiser used the same grille badge as the REAR of the 08-15 Cruiser. Basically you need the grille badge for the 06-07 Cruiser and the grille badge for the 03-05 Cruiser.”

Are they still aluminum or has he shifted to composites? I mainly also because the pcs and radar sensors are so sensitive. Or do you have a model without these?

Are they still aluminum or has he shifted to composites? I mainly also because the pcs and radar sensors are so sensitive. Or do you have a model without these?
These were aluminum. I have a 2009 and don’t think I have PCS, definitely don’t have the radar.

You can't just slip in that photo without telling us more about the bumper tube sliders! 👌
Yah, that's fair!

So... We caved in the left rear pretty well out wheeling. That darn departure angle. So, I did that to a 3rd gen 4runner I had back 20 years ago as well. I built some front rear and side sliders and they worked well to keep the weight down and give some protection and improved angles.

We're only half done so I haven't posted detailed photos to our build thread. It needs more support and some gusseting, but it was time to head back to work.
Next time we get a chance we'll build some sliders as well. 🤷🏼‍♂️

IMG_20230301_120914674_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230305_111605071_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230313_154145269_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230313_180530036_HDR.jpg

IMG_0520_edited-1.jpg

Yah, that's fair!

So... We caved in the left rear pretty well out wheeling. That darn departure angle. So, I did that to a 3rd gen 4runner I had back 20 years ago as well. I built some front rear and side sliders and they worked well to keep the weight down and give some protection and improved angles.

We're only half done so I haven't posted detailed photos to our build thread. It needs more support and some gusseting, but it was time to head back to work.
Next time we get a chance we'll build some sliders as well. 🤷🏼‍♂️

View attachment 3276096

View attachment 3276097

View attachment 3276100

View attachment 3276102

View attachment 3276104

That big rear end sure likes to touch down and is so often the limiting geometry of the platform. Really liking the fresh execution and thoughts you're bringing to the forum. Nicely done!!

Amazon product ASIN B07GV9PD6LView attachment 3275262
View attachment 3275264

Can these be purchased in the US?

A few weeks back I changed the engine oil and the engine and cabin air filters myself, Discount Tire rotated and balanced the tires, and LC's of Houston changed the fluid in both diffs and in the t-case and lubed my drive shafts and UCA's. I added @turbo8 E-E Off-Road RLCA skids and I hope to have the Metal Tech sliders installed this week. She's good for a bit now, brakes likely to come next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom