Folding mirrors wont fold back (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I went to the car wash, folded my mirrors prior to leaving my 2003 LX
When they gave the car back to me mirrors were still folded but would not return to driving position.
I can push them back but they are loose, seems like wind would fold them back. When i push the button to fold, they fold up with no hesitation. When I push the button to unfold there is no motor sound and no motion.
Tried putting it in park then drive, muliple combinations of fold button pushed etc. The will not return to driving position.
Any ideas before I start taking things apart?

When they gave the car back to me mirrors were still folded but would not return to driving position.
I can push them back but they are loose, seems like wind would fold them back. When i push the button to fold, they fold up with no hesitation. When I push the button to unfold there is no motor sound and no motion.
Tried putting it in park then drive, muliple combinations of fold button pushed etc. The will not return to driving position.
same happened to me, im pretty sure i disconnected the connector at the switch and then pressed the button and then plugged it back in.

Thanks, Ill give it a try. Does that panel pry out? any tricks?

More than likely wires starting to break in door loom. Mine are hit and miss. One might fold in but not out or both sometimes fold in. If I open the the driver's door a bit they sometimes work sometimes don't. Same with rear windows.
Just haven't collected a roll of wire to dig in and repair.

More than likely wires starting to break in door loom. Mine are hit and miss. One might fold in but not out or both sometimes fold in. If I open the the driver's door a bit they sometimes work sometimes don't. Same with rear windows.
Just haven't collected a roll of wire to dig in and repair.
Wow sure hope not. Mine is a garage kept California rig with 160k miles on it.

There may also be an issue with your mirror fold switch. Several threads on that and there’s a fix video on YouTube. I believe it’s as simple as cleaning the electrical connection once the switch is out, but as other poster mentioned, getting it out isn’t the most fun job. Mine has same symptoms (albeit mine have been this way for a while, not onset with car wash), and i just haven’t devoted the time to fix it yet. I’ll probably tackle once i replace the telescopic wheel motor since you need to remove the lower part of the dash for that as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom