Parking Lot Mishap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Get an estimate. Get their $$. Fix to your satisfaction. They hit you, making you whole and nothing less should be settled on.

FU$K insurance, as they are only there to protect their own interest(s). I put the (s) in parenthesis because we all get f__cked when claims are made. You sir have been wronged by someone who possesses integrity, its like winning on a scratch off! Hold them to their word and see where it gets you.

Carfax is a scam that preys on idiots FWIW.

I will leave it at this. For a guy that sees this stuff every single day for 20 years not notifying your own carrier timely is a risk that jeopardizes coverage if things go south with the " responsible party" . I have seen people turn the tables and say they were the ones hit. And without a witness statement or police report its a he said she said.

The cost of repairs are skyrocketing and what one person says they will take care changes quickly.

I just think it's bad advice to not let your carrier know. You can still select to work with the at fault party.
Good to know. I appreciate the insight. If I’m ever in that situation, I’ll notify insurance and get the paper trail started.

Every state is different. In missouri a parking lot incident is on each persons insurance and not the at fault person. My wife was sitting in her car not running and was hit bay a person turning and i had to pay my insurance deductible and claim it. Cops would not write a ticket for fault in parking lot.

Just to conclude this story, I went to get an estimate to repair the damage and passed it on to the offending party. She paid it to me in full. I touched up the bumper for now and am considering some mods.

I'm not planning to get an aftermarket bumper though. Maybe the bronze heritage wheels...

PXL_20230312_212617398.jpg

Just to conclude this story, I went to get an estimate to repair the damage and passed it on to the offending party. She paid it to me in full. I touched up the bumper for now and am considering some mods.

I'm not planning to get an aftermarket bumper though. Maybe the bronze heritage wheels...

View attachment 3275966

Did you do any due diligence on good Atlanta body shops?

I have similar issue (my own fault: backed into a bollard in a garage and cracked the rear bumper and tail light) - the previous owner was in a collision and replaced rear bumper with something that may not be OEM (based on what looks like poor fit around the tail lights) and the paint job is not very good (obvious orange peel), so I am not that torn up about it.

Gives me an opportunity to fix it properly and also get some LC rocker panels paint match for my Slee sliders install.

Anyway, looking for a top tier Atlanta shop that will get the paint match correctly, etc. Any thoughts?

Did you do any due diligence on good Atlanta body shops?

I have similar issue (my own fault: backed into a bollard in a garage and cracked the rear bumper and tail light) - the previous owner was in a collision and replaced rear bumper with something that may not be OEM (based on what looks like poor fit around the tail lights) and the paint job is not very good (obvious orange peel), so I am not that torn up about it.

Gives me an opportunity to fix it properly and also get some LC rocker panels paint match for my Slee sliders install.

Anyway, looking for a top tier Atlanta shop that will get the paint match correctly, etc. Any thoughts?
I have my LC serviced at Beaver Toyota and they have a collision/body shop that uses OEM as a matter of course, at least for Toyota. Not sure about Lexus.

I was almost there. Poor woman was in town helping her friend from surgery and now has to fix the damage she did to her friends car. Got a sob story so decided to lay off. Hopefully karma is watching somewhere.
Sob story is just that LOL a story. Amazing how many people still fall for this...

An old girlfriend's car got hit once, there was a note but it was from a witness who saw the lady hit and run. He note the make, model and plate number. We called the Police, they tracked her down, cited her and gave us her info. He also told us her car was all jacked up, she hit the car HARD.

When my GF called she got some story about how she didn't know she her car. It was almost 4K worrh of damage (15 years ago) that was nonsense. She then went on about how she couldn't leave a note because her sister did that once and the guy stalked her or some such bullsh$t. Complete with tears.

I advised my GF to call the insurance company, no way we were getting a dime out that nut job.

Last edited:
Sob story is just that LOL a story. Amazing how many people still fall for this...

An old girlfriend's car got hit once, there was a note but it was from a witness who saw the lady hit and run. He note the make, model and plate number. We called the Police, they tracked her down, cited her and gave us her info. He also told us her car was all jacked up, she hit the car HARD.

When my GF called she got some story about how she didn't know she her car. It was almost 4K worrh of damage (15 years ago) that was nonsense. She then went on about how she couldn't leave a note because her sister did that once and the guy stalked her or some such bullsh$t. Complete with tears.

I advised my GF to call the insurance company, no way we were getting a dime out that nut job.
Wammens

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom