Builds The honey badger build (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Be sure and use some thread sealant on the NPT threads for that fuel pump. I also have a Holley retrofit and had a heck of a time with leaks at the tank until I used some Loctite 545
Be sure and use some thread sealant on the NPT threads for that fuel pump. I also have a Holley retrofit and had a heck of a time with leaks at the tank until I used some Loctite 545.
I used some called Megatape. So far so good 👍 . I have cycled it and no leaks. Will see if it fires up tonite or blows up 🤦🏻‍♂️

CCC6DDEB-9D0E-4929-B447-4404D882643D.jpeg

Drove it around today. Its running really good . Next up is the front end but i am a little on the fence if i should wait . I have Moab next month then we have 1.5 months till Rubithon. I do not want to open up a can of worms . Leafs will work . we will see , I just have limited time

I also got the rest of my front driveshaft parts that have been backordered today so I decided to try using the H-series Cerakote . The H you bake. I used gloss black and it turned out great.

FF635DA4-1E53-4773-93C8-ACDA62011FD3.jpeg

F19F805D-4C51-40A7-94D7-35690FDB8D17.jpeg

98A6336E-D3D7-4457-8CE3-FDA1D3712CEA.jpeg

E6EA31D9-25B8-4410-9444-CB0D69BBABA0.jpeg

So I have been kinda thinking about this for a little bit . My Fan is about 1 1/2 away from my Rad. I do need to make a shroud. As I have noticed it Likes to get warm just sitting . My bigger concern is going into deep water That fan is going to turn into a boat prop and more than likely drill a 16 inch hole into my Radiator 🤦🏻‍♂️ I just know Fordyce is going to be deep this year so trying to be proactive. If I go Electric fan it will have to be low profile for sure. Open to some suggestions. This is a big thing I do not like about the TH400 trans. But I can’t change that right now

So I have been kinda thinking about this for a little bit . My Fan is about 1 1/2 away from my Rad. I do need to make a shroud. As I have noticed it Likes to get warm just sitting . My bigger concern is going into deep water That fan is going to turn into a boat prop and more than likely drill a 16 inch hole into my Radiator 🤦🏻‍♂️ I just know Fordyce is going to be deep this year so trying to be proactive. If I go Electric fan it will have to be low profile for sure. Open to some suggestions. This is a big thing I do not like about the TH400 trans. But I can’t change that right now
I went with an electric Volvo fan and Volvo relay for mine (dual speed). I have a 2uz and auto so space is tight trying to package everything and still maintain a reasonable rear driveshaft.

I like it for the same reasons you’re considering, small amount of space and ability to turn it off in water crossings.

Run mech fan, build shroud, remove the belt for the 10 seconds of deep water crossing per year.

Run mech fan, build shroud, remove the belt for the 10 seconds of deep water crossing per year.
I have thought of that also. . I just have a feeling by the 3rd water crossing i will be tired of pulling belts . and i would loose my PS as well.

FWIW unless crossing at retarded levels the concern you have is a what if, maybe, could happen, Real facts, I have crossed when it was almost retarded and it ripped the clutch/flywheel inspection cover off but with a decent shroud that is all 4 sides ( especially the bottom) its a non issue. The worst is the entrance on first crossing, it dips the front about 1/3 way up hood then you level out so its brief, lets put it this way, if the water is high enough to put fan into radiator you got no business attempting a crossing, IMO...

FWIW unless crossing at retarded levels the concern you have is a what if, maybe, could happen, Real facts, I have crossed when it was almost retarded and it ripped the clutch/flywheel inspection cover off but with a decent shroud that is all 4 sides ( especially the bottom) its a non issue. The worst is the entrance on first crossing, it dips the front about 1/3 way up hood then you level out so its brief, lets put it this way, if the water is high enough to put fan into radiator you got no business attempting a crossing, IMO...
You speak as if this my first time going offroad :rolleyes: . It will take 1 could Happen to make for a real bad day . I will figure out what works best for my build . and since i am the guy that will have to fix it on the trail i will take all this into consideration . :steer:

Ordered some more junk that should be here tomorrow and coated some more parts .

7A80963B-DBDA-478A-B157-C559C47D14E9.jpeg

25B938AC-9871-4395-99BF-0182C0F0288D.jpeg

20A7FED3-A372-405D-8911-DFF3267AE1DD.jpeg

8CE8199F-1ED9-46F8-AC26-FE93991E31F5.jpeg

She's all Tit! Bad ass looking. That first picture really gives some perspective on the size of those tires. What's your wheelbase again? WMS front & rear? I'm sure its listed previously once or twice or more....

So my WB is at 98 right now. But i plan on bringing the front forward a little . i want 100-102 ish . my axles are rear 66 wms -wms. and my front is 69 wms wms i just have not started on the front yet.

I took the Cheesy mr gasket throttle cable off and installed a Lokar . No more plastic junk that breaks just trying to install it 👎

EEC4B259-51B0-4B18-A442-CE9B5D9F281A.jpeg

73ECE06C-99ED-4B93-94EE-B5C1CE00CEFE.jpeg

So my WB is at 98 right now. But i plan on bringing the front forward a little . i want 100-102 ish . my axles are rear 66 wms -wms. and my front is 69 wms wms i just have not started on the front yet.

I would take the shorter wb over the risk of an unloady suspension. 2-4" wont do a ton for climbs, but losing weight over the front axle will.

Loving the color scheme!

I would take the shorter wb over the risk of an unloady suspension. 2-4" wont do a ton for climbs, but losing weight over the front axle will.

Loving the color scheme!
My front axle is back a little from stock i believe to begin with . I am not sure if its just from the spring under lift or maybe the spring center pin is in a different hole on the perches ? I have not taken it apart to even look yet . Also my engine is really far forward from the TH 400 trans so 2 inches should not be a issue . We will see once i get going on it and how everything lines up . It may very well stay were its at . At this time i am really thinking about just leaving it on springs till next winter . I have alot to finish up and time is going fast . I have Moab in 2 weeks then really only about a month to get ready for Rubi and that would be cutting it very close . I kinda want to enjoy this build again and not force it . Right now i kinda hate it . I certainly would like to have it all done but if i am being honest i actually have about 6 full days i can work on it between now and June . I try and do little things at night and set up a big project for Sat or Sun

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom