Builds First Toyota... 1983 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Started the cruiser up this morning and found the oil filter housing pouring oil. I had put a new gasket on. So I guess I will be pulling that off again to see what’s causing the leak. 😞😞😞

Started the cruiser up this morning and found the oil filter housing pouring oil. I had put a new gasket on. So I guess I will be pulling that off again to see what’s causing the leak. 😞😞😞

Check to make sure the old oil filter gasket is not still stuck to the oil filter housing. Had that happen once and the oil hemorrhage was heavy.

Check to make sure the old oil filter gasket is not still stuck to the oil filter housing. Had that happen once and the oil hemorrhage was heavy.
Well I was hoping that was it. Checked the filter took off oil cooler, cleaned surface behind oil filter housing, put new bolts in tightened and reassembled. Still leaking like crazy. Stopped for the day before I started throwing stuff 😎🤙🏼

Oil filter housing has a gasket that goes between block and it. Is it leaking there?

Got some bad news recently… my wife has to have surgery very soon and I’m going to have to sell the Land Cruiser. So I will be posting in the for sale section. Hopefully I will be able to get another one in the near future. Thanks everyone for your help with this project 😞

Got some bad news recently… my wife has to have surgery very soon and I’m going to have to sell the Land Cruiser. So I will be posting in the for sale section. Hopefully I will be able to get another one in the near future. Thanks everyone for your help with this project 😞
Sorry to hear this man. You’ve put a lot of work into. Family first though, always.

Well some good news came quick… I am selling off a few other things so I don’t have to sell the cruiser. 😎 so right now I’m going to continue the work on it. I got the bushings in the leaf springs. I still need to know where that bracket goes? And there is a picture of the oil housing that’s spewing oil when I start it up. Any help is greatly appreciated!

😎🤙🏼

9C44EDB3-4E63-43DC-B24B-9BFE4F351EE2.jpeg

48D6B45C-8EA0-45F6-8817-6A5BDA7B1C50.jpeg

5DCE0621-0C6C-4EC6-A2B2-0E3B1B0CDCA3.jpeg

A352475D-F5C8-4749-B77E-968B82DD29E5.jpeg

48F06AE2-0A51-4891-AD72-66447ABE519B.jpeg

My backing plates are long gone off my rig so no pics, but check out this diagram. Hope it helps you out!
MC7141B.jpg

Oh man, Sorry if I confused you. There is a backing plate eliminator kit you can buy that deletes the backing plate and makes it so there is no hardline at the the caliper. Removes one brake connection as well. I think you still need it if running the backing plates. Looks like it bolts on with the caliper mounting bolts and there is a right and left bracket.

Today I got the steering completed. Brakes are hooked up and bled. Oil still leaking like crazy. I have narrowed it down to the oil cooler gaskets. I scrounged around and found some oil rings and tried them. They absolutely did not work. Called Toyota dealer and ordered the correct ones. Hopefully that solves the issue.

I did get water and threw the tire on the drivers side only to realize the wheel is rubbing the brake caliper. So I guess I’m ordering wheel spacers?

CFB180C3-990C-4550-B6FD-F02CE888077E.jpeg

413A4B57-58B6-4933-8895-5677748EC987.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom