2006 LX470 - can't set maintenance reminders for later than 2022? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all - I usually use the maintenance reminders in the infotainment as...maintenance reminders. However, I can't set a date later than december 31, 2022.

I did find that I could just delete all maintenance reminders but is there any sort of solution to this? Or does that portion of the infotainment just become NA.

Thanks!

PXL_20230111_222257317.jpg

I had the same happen. My first thought was to just roll the calendar back 10 years to 2013, but I can seem to get that to work in settings either. Perhaps its indexed to the Nav DVD as some way to force you to buy a new disc? Or maybe I'm just not looking in the right place.

Yeah I tried to roll back the date but I couldn't figure out how. Then I tried to set it to sometime in the past and it told me I can't set it to some time in the past.

2022 seems like a very arbitrary end year. Especially for a Toyota.

Seems like this piece of the software was written by someone familiar with German cars. Probably figured it would have been in the landfill by now.

2022 does seem random. It at least could have been the end of 32 bit Unix time in 2038, but here we are.

Seems like this piece of the software was written by someone familiar with German cars. Probably figured it would have been in the landfill by now.

2022 does seem random. It at least could have been the end of 32 bit Unix time in 2038, but here we are.

Even more aggravating that it knows that the past is the past but won't let you set the next maintenance date in the future either. s*** software engineering.

Nobody buys a Toyota product becuase of the amazing software engineering.

Still, sort of weird you can't get past '22.

This just got me too earlier today.

I saw somewhere else on the interweb that a 2001 Avalon also had this problem (going beyond 2019). Hhmm my 100 is a 2005 and going past 2022 is going to be a challenge for me as well but I'm going to figure this out or else tear it apart and smash it into little pieces. (18 years for each of those limitations)

I'll probably end up doing the latter of the two knowing me. :jimlad:
-----------------
I'd like to have an updated user interface because the maps look they they were drawn by an 8 year old.

* The truck is running "2016 Gen 4 Lexus Toyota GPS Navigation Map Update DVD Version U30 v 15.1" but that seems to make no difference. I may be able to open the data files on my PC and alter them but that'll be a task that I've never done before.

It won't let you set a service date that is older than today's date.
We are beyond the ability of the unit to add anything. As far as I can tell there is no way to change today's date to current (that I'm aware of) on the nav unit or to roll it back to a year in the past.

When Calendar option is selected on the menu, today is NOT circled in yellow as it normally would be because the unit does not understand anything beyond Dec 31, 2022.

So what you said is 100% accurate but it also won't allow you to set a service date for an hour from now much less a week or a month. :hmm:

I think I may end up tearing this out and dicking with the interaction with the ECU so I can put in a newer unit with better options although my preference would be to go to an earlier climate set up (like on a 98) and use a single or double din for audio & GPS.

We are beyond the ability of the unit to add anything. As far as I can tell there is no way to change today's date to current (that I'm aware of) on the nav unit or to roll it back to a year in the past.

When Calendar option is selected on the menu, today is NOT circled in yellow as it normally would be because the unit does not understand anything beyond Dec 31, 2022.

So what you said is 100% accurate but it also won't allow you to set a service date for an hour from now much less a week or a month. :hmm:

I think I may end up tearing this out and dicking with the interaction with the ECU so I can put in a newer unit with better options although my preference would be to go to an earlier climate set up (like on a 98) and use a single or double din for audio & GPS.

Cruiser God must like me!

2023 Calendar.jpg

Oil Change Date.jpg

I didn't do anything special other than set oil change date to the next day.

Anything particularly special about your cruise? Mine is a 2006 LX and it won't even let me update the date.

Anything particularly special about your cruise? Mine is a 2006 LX and it won't even let me update the date.
2003 LX470. Nothing special that I know off. Not sure if this is related, previous owner subscribed to Lexus Link system before but it has been discontinued for a long time. I still have the antenna for that on the roof.

2003 LX470. Nothing special that I know off. Not sure if this is related, previous owner subscribed to Lexus Link system before but it has been discontinued for a long time. I still have the antenna for that on the roof.
Can you hop into the secret menu and check the Navi Info and Disc Info? (Mine attached)

Process:
1. Turn headlamp switch to off
2. Turn ignition to Run
3. Hold Info
4. Cycle park lamps on 3 times (Off > Lamp : Off > Lamp : Off > Lamp)

A970AF04-8FD1-4A17-A50C-570584AE927A.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom