Paint and Body Questions / Opinions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 69 FJ (05/69). I purchased it with a soft top and rusted out back and rockers are basically gone.

I have purchased a new fiberglass top and new to me roof panels which should ship in two weeks. Against my rebuild plans, I purchased an aluminum tub which I was planning on doing a few years from now. But since they are retiring at the end of the year, I did it now. That should ship soon as well.

My plan was to order the aftermarket rear tire mount (vendor on here - forgot the name). I only want to hold the tire.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of the ambulance doors compared to the barn style with flip upper top? Since I ordered a new tun and have to drill the door mounting holes, I can go in either direction.

Paint: I have been reading and reading on here. What is the official color of the roof and the paint code? Is there a cross reference paint code number for PPG paint or other brand?

I like the really dark deep blue of the 80's FJ's. Can you provide the paint code for that as well and the name? I bought medium blue paint and it is not that deep dark blue.

Thanks all.

DM

The top and headlight bezel are Cygnus White (012) - a slight cream-colored off white. (like a swan I guess).

716e72008c8a88cd2e776a2a488ba459.png

Here's some paint code help. From your comment medium blue 857 maybe?

I have a 69 FJ (05/69). I purchased it with a soft top and rusted out back and rockers are basically gone.

I have purchased a new fiberglass top and new to me roof panels which should ship in two weeks. Against my rebuild plans, I purchased an aluminum tub which I was planning on doing a few years from now. But since they are retiring at the end of the year, I did it now. That should ship soon as well.

My plan was to order the aftermarket rear tire mount (vendor on here - forgot the name). I only want to hold the tire.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of the ambulance doors compared to the barn style with flip upper top? Since I ordered a new tun and have to drill the door mounting holes, I can go in either direction.

Paint: I have been reading and reading on here. What is the official color of the roof and the paint code? Is there a cross reference paint code number for PPG paint or other brand?

I like the really dark deep blue of the 80's FJ's. Can you provide the paint code for that as well and the name? I bought medium blue paint and it is not that deep dark blue.

Thanks all.

DM
Flip top = tailgate = love

Barn doors = you can get in the side without the spare, without moving the spare = you loose your rear end when you take the top off = :(

I'm a tailgate fan

Barn doors = you can get in the side without the spare, without moving the spare = you loose your rear end when you take the top off = :(
I thought barn doors are the short ones that are attached to the tub, so they stay on all the time, and the tall ones that are attached to the top are ambulance doors and will be missing when the top is removed. ??

That's a lot of rust. Good idea to replace entire tub. Depending on which tub you bought you may not be able to use ambulance doors. The rear tub opening is different for 75 and up years. 74 and older have openings for tailgate or lower split doors.

I went with the Aqualu tub, they said the doors will fit, to use a 75 thru 78.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom