TORFAB: 1970 Spring Green FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NookShneer

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
instagram.com
We had a fun time with this truck. I love how much of a survivor this one is. We did a bunch of mechanical work on this one. It starts easily and cruises at 65 with one finger steering. Disc brakes, engine reseal, transfer case rebuild, knuckles rebuilt.

Stay tuned for some of the interior work.

B4BB4A94-397D-4D43-BC26-7110387A7CBB.jpg

IMG_3243.JPEG

IMG_3244.JPEG

OME shocks and steering stabilizer help tame the road manners. New Joint Fuji 555 TRE's add to the smooth steering feel at 65mph. We went with a rebuilt FZJ80 Steering box with the larger power piston it makes for really effortless steering.

IMG_3246.JPEG

Interior on this one customer requested a center console, and new seats.

A Tuffy console was supplied and also Scat Enterprises Pro90 seats. These two things really bring the interior into a place of comfort.

IMG_3251.JPEG
IMG_3254.JPEG

We had a fun time with this truck. I love how much of a survivor this one is. We did a bunch of mechanical work on this one. It starts easily and cruises at 65 with one finger steering. Disc brakes, engine reseal, transfer case rebuild, knuckles rebuilt.

Stay tuned for some of the interior work.

View attachment 3268673

View attachment 3268684

View attachment 3268685

OME shocks and steering stabilizer help tame the road manners. New Joint Fuji 555 TRE's add to the smooth steering feel at 65mph. We went with a rebuilt FZJ80 Steering box with the larger power piston it makes for really effortless steering.

View attachment 3268686
Sweet. I'm gonna get tarred and feathered for saying this, but I love those mirrors.

Can you touch on why the FJ80 box versus saginaw? Just for sake of keeping it Toyota? I have an 80 box and a saginaw box, and having a hard time convincing myself which way to go...

Thanks for sharing.

Sweet. I'm gonna get tarred and feathered for saying this, but I love those mirrors.

Can you touch on why the FJ80 box versus saginaw? Just for sake of keeping it Toyota? I have an 80 box and a saginaw box, and having a hard time convincing myself which way to go...

Thanks for sharing.

Toyota set up the later 40/60/80's with this style box. Cross over steering works well and parts are all in the same universe. Saginaw sticks out on the front of the truck. You need to plate around it, and can run into steering angle issues de to location. We think this is a much cleaner way to go

Interior on this one customer requested a center console, and new seats.

A Tuffy console was supplied and also Scat Enterprises Pro90 seats. These two things really bring the interior into a place of comfort
This looks great and exactly what I want to do in my 72. I assume you had to fab seat brackets for these seats to work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom