Anyone in California have a set of Hell For Stout half doors? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dianna

SILVER Star
Threads
I was excited to see TP Auto Part producing 40 stuff and would love for them to make some steel half doors! Does anyone have a set of doors they could borrow to copy?
image2.jpeg

I was excited to see TP Auto Part producing 40 stuff and would love for them to make some steel half doors! Does anyone have a set of doors they could borrow to copy?
image2.jpeg

Really like the look of these half doors. Have a set of damaged door to make a set. Instead of angling down will just leave them the same level all the way across. Cut down does not make as good of an arm rest. Possibly cut down hard top sides to than same height. Similar to the Australian military troopy.
rollbar0002.JPG

I really dislike the doors cut straight across. And armrest?!!! I mean, who drives a 40 that doesn't need both hands on the wheel? :steer: LOL These are my favorite half doors and if Toyota produced them, I think they would look much like these.

Really like the look of these half doors. Have a set of damaged door to make a set. Instead of angling down will just leave them the same level all the way across. Cut down does not make as good of an arm rest. Possibly cut down hard top sides to than same height. Similar to the Australian military troopy.
View attachment 3267551
Dang,
Where are you located? I’m low key looking for a set to do the same.

Quite the stash you have there.
Ian

@RevISK
Or just wait for TP to sell a set ;)

I really dislike the doors cut straight across. And armrest?!!! I mean, who drives a 40 that doesn't need both hands on the wheel? :steer: LOL These are my favorite half doors and if Toyota produced them, I think they would look much like these.
Why would you need both hands on the wheel? Sounds like you have too much slop in the steering. Two fingers is all I need now… ;)

In terms of arm rest… if you’re ever doing a long run on a straighter stretch of road it can be convenient.

My longest highway jaunt was Phoenix, Arizona to Vancouver, BC in 27 hours. I did stop for a couple hours from about 1-3am… but it was a long night. The sun set shortly after 5:00 pm and I didn’t seem it again till about 7:00 am. Somehow I managed it on about $130 USD in fuel in a SBC powered 40… still haven’t figured out the math on that one. Gas was somewhat over $3/gal… 1550 miles… equals twice as much money as I had.

Why would you need both hands on the wheel? Sounds like you have too much slop in the steering. Two fingers is all I need now… ;)

In terms of arm rest… if you’re ever doing a long run on a straighter stretch of road it can be convenient.

My longest highway jaunt was Phoenix, Arizona to Vancouver, BC in 27 hours. I did stop for a couple hours from about 1-3am… but it was a long night. The sun set shortly after 5:00 pm and I didn’t seem it again till about 7:00 am. Somehow I managed it on about $130 USD in fuel in a SBC powered 40… still haven’t figured out the math on that one. Gas was somewhat over $3/gal… 1550 miles… equals twice as much money as I had.
You must have been so delirious from driving you forgot to pay a few times.

In Arizona and didn't haul a trailer full of body parts back? Do see an advantage of the angle doors while learning to drive 40 without power steering. Takes a while to learn not to warp your thumbs around the steering wheel when driving off road. Hit a rock just right the steering wheel tries to tear your thumbs off. In the process slams your elbow into the door. Figured that one out pretty quick how lay thumbs on the backside of the steering not around it. Funny it's just like riding a bicycle doesn't matter how long it been since I drove a 40 will automatically move my thumbs as soon as I hit the dirt.

Following… I’d love to find a set of these. CCOT has been out of stock forever.

@lcwizard Are you able to help with your Relik half doors?

You must have been so delirious from driving you forgot to pay a few times.
Doubt it… but I did feather the gas, cruise at a steady speed, and there was no time for it to cool down.

Doubt it… but I did feather the gas, cruise at a steady speed, and there was no time for it to cool down.
Hmmm. Even if you figure gas at an even $3 a gallon that only nets you about 43 gallons. To stretch that to 1550mi would be an over 35mpg.

Must be some metric system math ;)

Hmmm. Even if you figure gas at an even $3 a gallon that only nets you about 43 gallons. To stretch that to 1550mi would be an over 35mpg.
I’m the first one to say the math doesn’t make sense. Started with half a tank of gas coming out of Phoenix and rolled into Vancouver with half a tank. The credit card was declined when I went to fill up. $40 USD, $70 CDN ($50 USD at the time), and I managed to withdraw $40 USD from my bank account leaving it $20 overdrawn. Adds up to $130 by my calculations. Most of the way the 350 with a Quadrajet was purring along at 2800-3000 rpm.

I agree, it doesn’t make sense… but that’s all the money I had. Even if I forgot $20… it still wouldn’t make sense. Go figure.

@lcwizard Are you able to help with your Relik half doors?
I don't have any. I have customer that had a set I thought he bought from Cool Cruisers a few years ago. Since Relik is in Doral Fla, I'll assume the company builds in
Columbia. I'd guessm The Land Cruiser Co. would have the access if they weren't closely associated or even the same company

I'd keep that story quiet....
Sounds like you stopped at the wrong truck stop, got slipped a ruffie, then the guilty trucker slipped a few bucks in your wallet to ease his conscience.:cool:

I'd keep that story quiet....
Sounds like you stopped at the wrong truck stop, got slipped a ruffie, then the guilty trucker slipped a few bucks in your wallet to ease his conscience.:cool:
didn't make any stops... didn't let the engine cool down. Avoided using the gas pedal whenever possible and let it slow down as I climbed hills rather than giving it more gas to maintain speed.

--------------------------------------I think I've figured it out----------------------------------------------------
Best run since then was Anacortes to Vancouver... 0n 33s rather than the 31s I ran back then. 100 miles on precisely 4 gallons of gas = 25 mpg. This was on the flat once at speed with no starts or stops once at speed. Once at speed I switched to the aux tank, and 100 miles later switched back.

A quick google search has shed some light on the mystery. I remembered the absolutes like where I went and what cash I had... but gas prices varied from stop to stop. It was roughly 25 years ago now... back in '98 the average gas price in the USA was $1.89/gal not $3. This would make it more like 20.9 mpg, and since under controlled conditions I managed 25 mpg for 100 miles, 21 seems a whole lot more feasible. Steady highway cruising on smaller tires, engine always warm... I can wrap my head around that.

I believe Gas price amnesia is to blame, None of us want to remember when gas was less than $2/gallon... we would rather remember that last month it was $8/gal and feel like the $7/gal is a good price. I do remember when I could fill the front tank for $25... now, with dual tanks, filling up could cost as much as $250 USD... (almost $350 CDN). Comparing apples to apples the front tank is about $100 USD to fill. Fortunately gas prices have dipped somewhat now... but they are still crazy high.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom