Dash Cap Project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a nice dash to replace my cracked one (96 80 series tan). I’ve searched the world over for a hard shell dash cap but no one seems to make them for the 80’s. Does anyone know a shop that might me able to make a mold from my extra dash and make a dash cap? Thinking there would be a strong demand for a group buy. Long shot I know. Thanks for any input!

Just get one from Toyota. You know, at the dealer.

20230130_172823.jpg

I just bought this one. They also have them in a lovely shade of blue. 79-83 is all the same.

Oh wait... you mean for the Land Cruiser, that "80"... ?

55401-60150-E0

Readily available from your local parts pimp.
Thanks - OEM is always the best! I like the Coverlay Dash Caps and wish they made them for the 80 series LC's, but they don't. I'm trying to mimic that. Most people don't want to spend the two full days to remove & replace the dash and also the $700. The dash overlays are around $100 and install in 5 minutes. Hoping there's some plastics guru in the Phoenix market that might want to tackle something like this. Like I said - long shot.

I just bought this one. They also have them in a lovely shade of blue. 79-83 is all the same.

Assume your taking about the 79-83 40 series? After the 79 series and 80 series are completely different. As for as I know there is no 83 series.

Did you buy it from a local dealer or online? Price?

Assume your taking about the 79-83 40 series? After the 79 series and 80 series are completely different. As for as I know there is no 83 series.

Did you buy it from a local dealer or online? Price?

As Jeff is known for being afflicted like I am with ownership of many different models of Toyota 4x4s, and he said "80" in his OP, I assumed he meant his mini truck.

I have purchased several OEM dash pads for 79-83 trucks from Toyota and that's what I was referring to.

As Jeff is known for being afflicted like I am with ownership of many different models of Toyota 4x4s, and he said "80" in his OP, I assumed he meant his mini truck.

I have purchased several OEM dash pads for 79-83 trucks from Toyota and that's what I was referring to.

That would explain the blue. That part didn't make sense.

That would explain the blue. That part didn't make sense.
Even funnier- he's not looking for the dash pad. This thread is a perfect study in miscomprehension. :hillbilly: