For Sale Most recent 200 Series purchase prices (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi! IF you're willing to share, I thought it might be helpful for the rest of us to better understand what the market prices are for the 200 series (and LX 570 I suppose). I'm personally looking for one, have found a few, and curious what others' purchase prices have been so I can negotiate (or not) properly.

Please share purchase price, year, mileage at purchase, and location (east/west/south, etc...)

Thanks and happy hunting for those also looking.

I could watch that guy talk about car maintenance all day long. I can't stand 90% of YouTube stuff, but channels like his make it worth it.
I agree. Too many people (younger guys mostly) try to make a video after doing something once or twice. I can appreciate it when people with real world experience take the time to make videos like these. He has been tearing apart Toyotas for decades and has a lot of insight.

I agree. Too many people (younger guys mostly) try to make a video after doing something once or twice. I can appreciate it when people with real world experience take the time to make videos like these. He has been tearing apart Toyotas for decades and has a lot of insight.
Not only that but his videos are actually informative. He brings real value to his viewers and isn’t just spouting off opinions or other useless nonsense in the name of likes and subscribers.

I wish that nonsense would be banned. It's a deceptive trade practice to advertise one price but require the purchase of a lot of other add-ons. At minimum, dealers should be required to clearly state this at the top of descriptions. Stated prices should include everything except for legally-mandated taxes and fees.
Yeah, it's absurd. I had called and the saleswoman said that she stated there was just a $900 fee, and that was it. I pressed for an out the door number, and this is what the breakdown was. Thankfully I didn't waste time traveling all the way out there based on what she told me over the phone.

LC200 Fees.jpeg

Not sure I would buy this one myself, but the price seems somewhat fair given what dealers are paying for these wholesale at the auctions.

6/17/22$36,00078,7754.58G/AGrayRegularNortheastPennsylvania

2/13/23$38,40067,6433.78CY/A--RegularSouthwestmyCentralAuction
Agreed. Was gonna try to arrange a fly and buy on Monday but it looks like it’s already sold.

Yeah, it's absurd. I had called and the saleswoman said that she stated there was just a $900 fee, and that was it. I pressed for an out the door number, and this is what the breakdown was. Thankfully I didn't waste time traveling all the way out there based on what she told me over the phone.

View attachment 3257512
That is unfortunate. What is the Jenkins Reconditioning Charge?

That is unfortunate. What is the Jenkins Reconditioning Charge?
The fine print on the dealer’s website mentions the charge might be added to any advertised price. In theory, it’s the dealer’s cost + margin on vehicle reconditioning in preparation for the sale. Some dealers itemize work done such as new tires, upholstery cleaning, etc. This particular dealer is so opaque about the work completed, one can assume most of the total charge is pure margin on rather inexpensive pre-sale reconditioning.

View attachment 3257512
I spoke to a NISSAN dealer in TN to inquire about a 23 ARMADA brand new that was listed at 54K on autotrader and cars.com. Once I call the dealer, they said it is $56K and the trade in is $2000. Yes, get the breakdown of the prices and out of the door quote.

Here is a great video to prove the maintenance is the key and not the miles.
For impatience; jump to 3:40 mark

That 300k mile engine is real clean.

Just some BS, best I understand.
That is one I haven’t seen, not sure it is legal in every state and even then would need proper disclosure (which sounds like they have) and if presented as reconditioning, would need to be reasonably accurate and verifiable.

Sadly, the crazy market has allowed new ways for dealers to questionably gain margin while still advertising a low price so the vehicle will post at the top in a vehicle search and and get inquiries.

If I liked the truck, I would just focus on an out the door cost, but understandably sometimes principle plays a part in decision making.

Good luck with the search!

That is one I haven’t seen, not sure it is legal in every state and even then would need proper disclosure (which sounds like they have) and if presented as reconditioning, would need to be reasonably accurate and verifiable.

Sadly, the crazy market has allowed new ways for dealers to questionably gain margin while still advertising a low price so the vehicle will post at the top in a vehicle search and and get inquiries.

If I liked the truck, I would just focus on an out the door cost, but understandably sometimes principle plays a part in decision making.

Good luck with the search!
Yeah, exactly. Thank you! I pretty much have only ever bought from private parties, so will continue to seek those sellers out. So much less BS and messing around. There are some smaller dealers out there that are honest, fair and reasonable, and we could use some more of them.

Yeah, exactly. Thank you! I pretty much have only ever bought from private parties, so will continue to seek those sellers out. So much less BS and messing around. There are some smaller dealers out there that are honest, fair and reasonable, and we could use some more of them.

It would be like if a burger shop advertised a $1.95 burger and then added a $1.50 cow feed fee, $2 manure scooping fee, $1.75 butcher fee and a $3.50 grain harvesting fee.

Back in the real world, sellers of things are generally expected to include their costs in the price they charge, not itemize them as fees added on to the price they charge.

Hi! IF you're willing to share, I thought it might be helpful for the rest of us to better understand what the market prices are for the 200 series (and LX 570 I suppose). I'm personally looking for one, have found a few, and curious what others' purchase prices have been so I can negotiate (or not) properly.

Please share purchase price, year, mileage at purchase, and location (east/west/south, etc...)

Thanks and happy hunting for those also looking.
I was going to go with a 13' 114,000mi (solid service history) for $34,000 and then someho
IMG_0305.jpeg
w woke up changing my mind to a "bargain buy" for a 16' 80,000mi for $49,000. The 16' has impeccable service history, with 80,000 service already completed. I think the prices will soften a few more thousand over the next month and then go back up when tax refunds hit the mail... I know the 16' doesn't have the same clearance and no touch-screen, but after I cut half the bumper off with a saw to install some other bumper, I don't think I'll mind.

Of course, these are just my thoughts. Photo of GX attached --- that's what we'll keep the hard miles on. It'll take me a couple of years to slowly convert the lx to this.

IMG_0309.jpeg
IMG_5252.jpeg

For anyone looking at the 2011 in Michigan at Suski, I would make sure things look fixed appropriately. Saw via the dealer auction page they were looking to sell off a $20K with fixes needed to master brake cyclinder, TPMS, and new battery at a minimum. Lots of repaint / fixes. Currently listed at $25K on their webpage, so for that price would expect some fixes. One of the pictures literally has the jumper box in it, haha. Also, bottom has a fair amount of rust (MI, so yeah, expected).

Link: %NEW/USED_CAP_FIRST_LETTERS% %YEAR% %MAKE% %MODEL% for Sale at %DEALER_NAME% - https://www.suskiautomotive.com/VehicleDetails/used-2011-Toyota-Land_Cruiser-4dr_4WD_%28Natl%29-BIRCH_RUN-MI/5552600520

Looking at a couple of LX 470s and seeing what the experts here thought of these two LCs:

Private seller asking $15k. 2000 LX 470, 200k miles, owner reports AHC delete, TB done, and frame coated with POR(?) and lot of other stuff done:
2000 Lexus LX 470 - Very Clean! - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... - https://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/d/lawrence-2000-lexus-lx-very-clean/7594516628.html

Used car lot asking $18.5k fgor a 07 LX 470, 230k miles, unknown history:

For anyone looking at the 2011 in Michigan at Suski, I would make sure things look fixed appropriately. Saw via the dealer auction page they were looking to sell off a $20K with fixes needed to master brake cyclinder, TPMS, and new battery at a minimum. Lots of repaint / fixes. Currently listed at $25K on their webpage, so for that price would expect some fixes. One of the pictures literally has the jumper box in it, haha. Also, bottom has a fair amount of rust (MI, so yeah, expected).

Link: %NEW/USED_CAP_FIRST_LETTERS% %YEAR% %MAKE% %MODEL% for Sale at %DEALER_NAME% - https://www.suskiautomotive.com/VehicleDetails/used-2011-Toyota-Land_Cruiser-4dr_4WD_%28Natl%29-BIRCH_RUN-MI/5552600520
Looks like it has infinite miles on it since they won't list the odometer. Having grown up in Michigan, I would never buy a 12 year old vehicle that's been in Michigan its whole life. Not worth it unless the undercarriage and underbody was woolwaxed obsessively in the winter.

BUYING ADVICE:

2018 LC with 78k miles. Blue onyx. Certified one owner. Super clean. $68k out the door

2017 LC with 39k miles. Black. Certified. Super clean. $73k out the door.

Thoughts?

BUYING ADVICE:

2018 LC with 78k miles. Blue onyx. Certified one owner. Super clean. $68k out the door

2017 LC with 39k miles. Black. Certified. Super clean. $73k out the door.

Thoughts?
Both are priced high imho. 18 > 17 bc of the small changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom