Anyone Want to Help Troubleshoot my No Start, Rough Run Engine for a Few Beers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all. Just found out about this group thanks to a fellow forum member. I live in Downtown Charleston, SC. My yellow, South American 1982 FJ45 has been parked for going on 5 months now. I had an abrupt case of near stalls one day when driving and ever since then it has either been no-start or starts super rough, runs a tad rough, then stalls. Here is a thread documenting my troubleshooting. If anyone is an engine expert with these 2Fs, I'd love some help. I'll provide some beers, or whatever else your vice is as long as it's not blow. I'm hoping someone with more knowledge of troubleshooting these engines or experience working on them, in general, could provide some insight before I start throwing more parts at it. I just ordered a carb kit, and plan to tackle that when it arrives, but as of now it's basically non-running. Luckily there is a great shop close to me that works on a lot of FJ40s (super, super cool family owned business too). My time is valuable to me, at the moment, but I'm also a serial DIYer and hate owning things I can't fix myself.

I should have all tools lying around that we might need.

Thanks in advance!

I would be there after work if it were not so far away. Probably warmer too!

Hey all. Just found out about this group thanks to a fellow forum member. I live in Downtown Charleston, SC. My yellow, South American 1982 FJ45 has been parked for going on 5 months now. I had an abrupt case of near stalls one day when driving and ever since then it has either been no-start or starts super rough, runs a tad rough, then stalls. Here is a thread documenting my troubleshooting. If anyone is an engine expert with these 2Fs, I'd love some help. I'll provide some beers, or whatever else your vice is as long as it's not blow. I'm hoping someone with more knowledge of troubleshooting these engines or experience working on them, in general, could provide some insight before I start throwing more parts at it. I just ordered a carb kit, and plan to tackle that when it arrives, but as of now it's basically non-running. Luckily there is a great shop close to me that works on a lot of FJ40s (super, super cool family owned business too). My time is valuable to me, at the moment, but I'm also a serial DIYer and hate owning things I can't fix myself.

I should have all tools lying around that we might need.

Thanks in advance!
Man, I'm sorry that I missed this message! I haven't been checking Mud lately. Have you got it all resolved?

For around $100 on Amazon, you can get a fake DUI distributor and wires. think 80's GM cars. simple 1 wire hook up. It's what I have on mine and my son's has the real DUI. easy, and no guess work. get rid of the points.

For around $100 on Amazon, you can get a fake DUI distributor and wires. think 80's GM cars. simple 1 wire hook up. It's what I have on mine and my son's has the real DUI. easy, and no guess work. get rid of the points.
So with the Dui, No points are used, Just got my FJ60 and troubleshooting it now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom