stock panhard rod angles/installing adj panhards (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The @Delta VS bracket is only for the rear not the front. Dripping the front pan hard at the frame or raising the axle mount won't work without changing the steering geometry period. Just take the loft off

Tell me why this is meaningful
I don't recall saying it will have a meaningful or tangible impact, but it's shifting the driveshaft, suspension/rad arms, negatively affecting steering geometry, etc. I'm not exclusively low speed off road and want it aligned as best as I reasonably can, with the idea being that everything adds up, and tuning out a 0.6" axle misalignment when I have the parts already is a trivial amount of work.

Regardless, it's on you to show why I shouldn't do it, since you're the one who steered this thread into a debate on the magnitude of the change. I'm not suggesting this is a mandatory requirement for lifts, it's just the approach I'm looking to take.

The @Delta VS bracket is only for the rear not the front. Dripping the front pan hard at the frame or raising the axle mount won't work without changing the steering geometry period. Just take the loft off

Yes, that was touched on earlier. Never was looking to alter the front angle.

I don't recall saying it will have a meaningful or tangible impact, but it's shifting the driveshaft, suspension/rad arms, negatively affecting steering geometry, etc. I'm not exclusively low speed off road and want it aligned as best as I reasonably can, with the idea being that everything adds up, and tuning out a 0.6" axle misalignment when I have the parts already is a trivial amount of work.

Regardless, it's on you to show why I shouldn't do it, since you're the one who steered this thread into a debate on the magnitude of the change. I'm not suggesting this is a mandatory requirement for lifts, it's just the approach I'm looking to take.
If you lengthen your panhard without moving the mounts, you increase the radius of your arc. If you increase the radius, you increase your arc length. If your arc length increases and your panhard isn’t level, you’re increasing the distance that the axle moves on the x axis.

If you don’t believe me, here’s an interview with eimkieth. Go to 59 minutes.

If you lengthen your panhard without moving the mounts, you increase the radius of your arc. If you increase the radius, you increase your arc length. If your arc length increases and your panhard isn’t level, you’re increasing the distance that the axle moves on the x axis. If you’re not just into slow speed crawling, this isn’t what you want. It’s worse than stock.

If you don’t believe me, here’s an interview with eimkieth. Go to 59 minutes.

pretty sure in stock form you could have at least a few degrees of variability in lateral link angle, using that as a base for calculations could be challenging. pretty sure this Compiling/comparing lift and caster data - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/compiling-comparing-lift-and-caster-data.1099600/ is the thread being referenced above. bunch of different data points in the google sheet linked in post 1. might give you some beneficial info in your endeavor here.

your equations are a good approach, and maybe you can figure a general stock angle from the spreadsheet by averaging (hopefully) a few of the user data entered there for stock rigs.

personal opinion: that being said, if I were to use an adjustable front panhard (which I never would, another reason to not go over 3" of lift), I would want to base it off the vehicle itself, with even reveal to each fender.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom