New pig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh we have to chat, once shop done this is a swap I’d like to do on the wife’s 65 F100

View attachment 3201975
That’s a good looking pickup! Overall it was pretty easy. Took lots of measurements and marked everything out on the shop floor. Mocked everything in place and it all lined up with the factory measurements. Fingers crossed the alignment shop agrees 😂

If you haven’t already, check out Andrew’s Tuning and Performance and Outcast Autoworks.

I need to figure out how to maintain the current height which I am sure is easy for those with little knowledge but all I ever see is lowering of the body. Wife needs disc brakes and some power steering also.

Sorry for hijack, back to regular programming! Thanks for heads up.

After pulling the 32/36 Weber and swapping back to the 75’ carb I rebuilt, I was still having a stumbling issue under a load. I had a brand new fuel pump from City Racer, so I swapped them out.

If you look close, it appears the pump arm on the presumed Chinese replacement was too short, so someone thought it would be a good idea to weld a pad on the arm to reach the cam. The hardened cam core obviously wore out the mild steel as referenced by the photos. Hoping to drive the truck tomorrow after I wrap up a few more things.
38B4E1A6-112D-4445-B208-B55295710C9C.jpeg
6D756200-AE70-48ED-B790-FABDF60F079C.jpeg
8440C2BF-BDF0-4E79-B7A1-CB600A7052DE.jpeg
A6BC7140-420F-48E3-890F-B626D6FA0391.jpeg

If you look close, it appears the pump arm on the presumed Chinese replacement was too short, so someone thought it would be a good idea to weld a pad on the arm to reach the cam.
That is weird! Never seen anyone do anything like that before. Hopefully the cam lobe isn’t roughed up.

Really good work on everything you’ve done so far👍🏼
Did you finish the exhaust? Last pic ended with the muffler.

That is weird! Never seen anyone do anything like that before. Hopefully the cam lobe isn’t roughed up.
There are different fuel pumps required based on the engine and year. Some have longer arms or a spacer to put them in correct contact with the cam lobe. Assuming the new pump is correct you can see that the old one was a different style and someone thought that was the best way to have it make contact with the cam rather than get the correct pump.

Really good work on everything you’ve done so far👍🏼
Did you finish the exhaust? Last pic ended with the muffler.
Thanks! No on the exhaust, but still plugging away when I’ve got time. Our youngest son (15 next month) bought his first truck that’ll need a little attention and I’m wrapping up an LS swap on a Scout II for a co-worker.

Here’s a pic of the boy and his truck. Not a bad field find for $500.
674AAA10-1D4B-44C6-91BA-F4D48DCDB583.jpeg

Alright, back on this and having an issue. Replaced the old pump with a brand new Toyota replacement from city racer. Cannot get the pump to prime. I’ve done this a million times on several different engines, so I’m confident it’s not me.

Filled the carb and ran it for several minutes, multiple times, and still no fuel to the filter/pump. I removed the supply side, blew air in the line just in case and it’s clear. This tank was redone and all new lines ran before I bought it, plus it ran just last week.

With the supply line disconnected I put my finger on the pump barb and it was barely sucking. Threw my vac gauge on saw 14”. Anyone know if this is enough? I’m being lazy, but will probably throw the old pump back on tomorrow and check vacuum.

Thanks I’m advance!

Thanks! No on the exhaust, but still plugging away when I’ve got time. Our youngest son (15 next month) bought his first truck that’ll need a little attention and I’m wrapping up an LS swap on a Scout II for a co-worker.

Here’s a pic of the boy and his truck. Not a bad field find for $500. View attachment 3247295
Chevy wheels on a Ford!

Alright, back on this and having an issue. Replaced the old pump with a brand new Toyota replacement from city racer. Cannot get the pump to prime. I’ve done this a million times on several different engines, so I’m confident it’s not me.

Filled the carb and ran it for several minutes, multiple times, and still no fuel to the filter/pump. I removed the supply side, blew air in the line just in case and it’s clear. This tank was redone and all new lines ran before I bought it, plus it ran just last week.

With the supply line disconnected I put my finger on the pump barb and it was barely sucking. Threw my vac gauge on saw 14”. Anyone know if this is enough? I’m being lazy, but will probably throw the old pump back on tomorrow and check vacuum.

Thanks I’m advance!
You can blow air back throught the line all the way into the tank? But can you pull fuel out of the tank through the line?
New fuel filter?

Replaced the old pump with a brand new Toyota replacement from city racer. Cannot get the pump to prime.
This might be the reason someone welded that piece on the old pump. Maybe the fuel pump arm isn't making good contact with the cam lobe, just spit balling here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom