SOLD 1975 FJ40 factory softtop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(249, 176, 58)
Do I build this one or sell it to preserve it to its original soft top status.
I plan to build an FJ but not wanting the soft top.
Is this a rare rig? Is it desirable to keep original?
Or do I just build it the way I want to.
Help with direction.
I have another I could build just would need more work. This is a great rig. Does have some rust in a few spots. But body is really straight.
I’m new to the FJ community but appreciate original rigs and would like to see this one built back to its original state and I’m just no looking for that build.
Thanks

D49F62AD-38BC-4FE6-8482-3E364E741705.jpeg

E17FEFB0-9514-4990-ACCB-176D910F647E.jpeg

9A533132-E475-40DE-A6B8-8975EC644138.jpeg

A84429F9-92BD-4220-A3B8-AD3E9356E944.jpeg

First rule of Cruiser club. Dont call them "FJ"s. Call them 40s or 60s or whatever, or Cruisers, but not "FJ"s. :)

Now, back to the 40. Do you have the seats for it?
Lol. Man my bad. Was just easier than writing 40’s have 3, 80’s have 2, 45’s buying one in a few weeks.
Loving them all.
Can I ask why?
Obviously I’m a newby. lol.

As far as seats came with what I think are the V rear jump seats. But not sure.

DB6703C8-2BEE-41C9-B8CB-DA6E7C7CD760.jpeg

I went and checked this out over the weekend. Firstly, I want to say that Jonathan is a very nice and honest guy, we had a good long chat about 40s and his impressive collection of Scouts.

A couple things that I noted from the inspection :

1. Many of the common rust points (adjacent door or rear, windshield frame) are in surprisingly good shape
  2. The engine is not present
  3. The t-case and trans are there but not statically mounted
  4. The u-bolts for the axles have been loosened and in the case of the FR missing
  5. Frame is cancer free (so far as obvious)
  6. Rear section of the tub is in good shape
  7. Passenger footwell likely had standing water in it for a long time. Lots of rot and daylight getting through to the ground below
All told, a good project for someone that has some fabrication skills. Mostly all there except the engine, front seats and windshield glass.

Would be super cool to see someone with better fabrication skills than me get this back into shape.

So I ended up finding myself a real nice, what looks to be all original FJ45. Still has 3 on the Tree. need to learn how to drive it first. lol
Runs great, putting some new tires on it and will be cruising it this weekend.

Photo Feb 03 2023, 3 26 20 PM.jpg

Photo Feb 03 2023, 3 26 28 PM.jpg

Congratulations! Nice find! Sweet patina! You should start a thread for the truck in the 45 section.

And register it here:

Congratulations! Nice find! Sweet patina! You should start a thread for the truck in the 45 section.

And register it here:
Hey. Cool, let me try. newer to this site. still learning how to use.
Thanks..

Sorry everyone.
Like mentioned originally wasn’t 100% sure weather I was going to build or sell.
Still on fence. And reason never put a price. New to this site and probably should have put in a forum not classified. Don’t have to sell. But open in order to fund my other FJ build.
Yes they are correct. I have mentioned to a few of you $8K if sell. That Is pretty much what I have into it with the Pakistani soft top. Haven’t done paperwork yet. Since wasn’t officially for sale. And it has no motor.

May end up just keeping for a rainy day and get it titled in my name and get it running and on the road.

What’s best way to end this feed. Can I delete it? Or do I just mark sold.

Sorry everyone.

This is the longest post I have ever seen in Classifieds without the "seller" posting a price even though it has been asked a number of times.
Is this for sale? If so, put a price on it.
Sorry about this. Think I should have used a forum. Still learning how’s. Lol. For this. Want an official sale reason never put price on it.
I’ll try to remove. Complete post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom