1FZFE 5.2L Turbo Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For f*** sake, the guy will get a video, he is just enjoying his truck. It took me a while to post videos just because you already have your hands full trying to watch gauges, feel for any issues, etc.
Sorry, guys. I've had a million other things going on... not all of them good; with the depressing conclusion that I'll need to let this Cruiser go immediately upon completion. So, if you really, really, really want video, buy it before my dealer friend takes it for resale - and kindly spam the universe with videos that I can watch.

I've had a million other things going on... not all of them good; with the depressing conclusion that I'll need to let this Cruiser go immediately upon complet
Huh what 🤔 Did you get married

Sorry, guys. I've had a million other things going on... not all of them good; with the depressing conclusion that I'll need to let this Cruiser go immediately upon completion. So, if you really, really, really want video, buy it before my dealer friend takes it for resale - and kindly spam the universe with videos that I can watch.
And this is why the ones in the US never come to fruition.

When you have to have a second mortgage on a house and eat ramen just to build it.

Then, by the time it gets close, there's nothing left.

Sorry to hear.

Good Luck!

Reactions: JMM
And this is why the ones in the US never come to fruition.

When you have to have a second mortgage on a house and eat ramen just to build it.

Then, by the time it gets close, there's nothing left.

Sorry to hear.

Good Luck!

It's a harsh reality that in the USA an LS or Cummins swap is a well trodden path with known costs, results, and value added.

It's a harsh reality that in the USA an LS or Cummins swap is a well trodden path with known costs, results, and value added.
It's also a matter of sheer availability.

There are a whole lot more 1FZ-FE's in the in the Middle East than in the USA.
There are a whole lot more LS's in the USA than in the Middle East.

Supply and demand.

If everyone had Studebaker engines, then we'd all be swapping in a solid lifter, gear driven timing, heavy cast block engine to be making our big HP. :rofl:

Last edited:
It's also a matter of sheer availability.

There are a whole lot more 1FZ-FE's in the in the Middle East that in the USA.
There are a whole lot more LS's in the USA than in the Middle East.

Supply and demand.

If everyone had Studebaker engines, then we'd all be swapping in a solid lifter, gear driven timing, heavy cast block engine to be making our big HP. :rofl:

Oh for sure, I 100% agree. Availability = familiarity = Well trodden path.

Reactions: JMM
Sorry the build didn't work out. Sometimes custom builds can just be more complicated to complete than anticipated and it gets to the point of just having to move on. Hope things go well for you.
Oh, the build ultimately turned out OK - despite being an expensive pain in the ass. A bunch of other unrelated stuff went to hell in a bobsled tho...

Early test run @ 6-8psi...
Close to 300hp @ wheels.
Fuel pressure is resolved, so we're increasing boost at higher RPM (maybe 12psi).

What are the specifics on the manifold?

Sorry you will sell.

What are the specifics on the manifold?

Sorry you will sell.
I don't have the exhaust part #; but it's a 6:1 dumping direct to turbo, versus the factory 6:2:1 split header. Intake is OEM.

PXL_20211004_172919561.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom