Dissent offroad lc60/lc62 front bumper. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

benc

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Hey guys!
It’s been a while since we have teased you with our front bumper on the lc60. We have a custom build we are working on and have decided to a 1 time production run on the front bumper. Production will be starting on this in the next 1-2 weeks and this will likely not be made again.
This will be priced identically to our lc100 front. One difference is we did not go modular on this bumper like our others in order to keep a clean old school look. Because of this it will need to be ordered with or without bull bar and this will not be available to be added at a later date. Also for this reason we are only offering this raw so no coating options available for shipped orders, As a one piece bumper we will not be able to package like we do the modular bumpers so damaged to coating during shipping is to difficult to avoid. More details will be provided as we move forward but in the meantime if you are interested please send an email to sales@dissentoffroad.com with what options you would be interested in and we will contact you with more details.
Feel free to ask any questions as well.
At the moment we are not considering the rear but it certainly doesn’t hurt to express interest if there is any!
Thanks.
80D226DF-8A4B-4ED8-8451-AB3840419185.jpeg
1B2EA3EA-11D1-44E7-8BB4-5519AF70AF68.jpeg
67E5875A-FB43-4194-9D65-37947E4CED81.jpeg
580EFB26-72F6-458D-BDFE-ABB6317549ED.jpeg
6C503937-33A8-4883-9CB4-1CA19045102B.jpeg
FCE78551-D636-4A7A-9BE4-DF24CC7CF368.jpeg

"At the moment we are not considering the rear but it certainly doesn’t hurt to express interest if there is any!
Thanks."

Um yes please. I may start a "serious interest thread: in the coming days to see what real interest is out there. I, for one, am in the market for a rear bumper.

"At the moment we are not considering the rear but it certainly doesn’t hurt to express interest if there is any!
Thanks."

Um yes please. I may start a "serious interest thread: in the coming days to see what real interest is out there. I, for one, am in the market for a rear bumper.
With you on this!

Thanks."

Seconded.

ESPECIALLY if a 60 series rear could be fabricated with extended wings that continue forward to protect the overhang behind the wheels.

But even if not, I'm very interested. Would look real nice sitting next to the Dissent on the back of RBGX.... (plus we could interchange swing outs if we wanted)

Dan

Thanks."

Looking like this may happen. We will need to get a 60 in the shop to confirm fitment as I believe the rear of the frame is slightly different from the 62.
With you on this!
Will keep you guys posted as it’s looking likely!
Seconded.

ESPECIALLY if a 60 series rear could be fabricated with extended wings that continue forward to protect the overhang behind the wheels.

But even if not, I'm very interested. Would look real nice sitting next to the Dissent on the back of RBGX.... (plus we could interchange swing outs if we wanted)

Dan
Unfortunately we would likely not offer full wings. A huge goal on the armor on our 62 was to maintain the looks of the vehicle and compliment them as best as possible. I was just not thrilled with the look of the full wings.
definitely interested!
Looks likely and we will keep this thread updated!

Since we have received enough interest, the webpage and ordering for the Dissent Offroad FJ62 rear bumper is now live.

Confirmed fitment only with FJ62, will update customers when compatible with FJ60. We have a local customer scheduled to come in and 3D scan the rear crossmember/frame on a 60.

Swing outs are sold separately at this link and can be ordered powder coated. Dissent Swing-out Accessories for Toyota Land Cruiser & Lexus LX + GX - https://dissentoffroad.com/collections/swing-outs

As stated in the product description powder coat is not an option for shipped orders on the main bumper however if you are interested in local pickup and want powder coat, put that in the order notes at checkout and we can add it to your order.

Estimated lead time will be 8-12 weeks from time of production start, like all other of our current products.

If you have any questions please let us know

Excited to see this available for the FJ62 crowd, looks great. How exactly does the rear bumper mount up? Do you have any photos from underneath showing it installed?

Since we have received enough interest, the webpage and ordering for the Dissent Offroad FJ62 rear bumper is now live.

Confirmed fitment only with FJ62, will update customers when compatible with FJ60. We have a local customer scheduled to come in and 3D scan the rear crossmember/frame on a 60.
Sweet! Will wait to hear about 60 fitment, but I am fairly certain it will bolt up just fine.

Dan

Excited to see this available for the FJ62 crowd, looks great. How exactly does the rear bumper mount up? Do you have any photos from underneath showing it installed?
Will have more photos soon. It bolts mostly to existing holes but does require 2 holes to be drilled at the hitch. Also requires removal of the factory bumper mount rivets. That being said the factory bumper could easily be reinstalled by simply bolting the factory brackets back on.

Good news!
We got a early 60 in the shop for a 3D scan and we will make the bumper to fit both. It was very similar however the 60 may have a slightly reduced towing capacity due to a less robust cross member but I don’t think many use the 60 for towing anything other that a very small trailer.
We will update the website this morning but the bumpers the same if any 60 owners want to get the orders in early. Just put in the notes the year.
Thanks!

Hey Ben!

Sounds like that means it will work for a 60. I've got an '87. Do I need to include the month of manufacture to make sure it matches? More accurately: can you speak to the differences you see between the 60 and the 62, and how they change your bumper? Because that way I could figure out which would work. IIRC there's a lot of overlap between the 62 and my late 87 truck, which is why I ask.

Dan

Hey Ben!

Sounds like that means it will work for a 60. I've got an '87. Do I need to include the month of manufacture to make sure it matches? More accurately: can you speak to the differences you see between the 60 and the 62, and how they change your bumper? Because that way I could figure out which would work. IIRC there's a lot of overlap between the 62 and my late 87 truck, which is why I ask.

Dan
Hi Dan. Our tow hitch is a separate bolt on piece that tat will be the only difference. The easiest way to tell what frame you have is from the top of the bumper. If you cannot see the cross member from the top of the bumper you have the early 60 frame. If you can see some of the cross member you have the 62 frame. We can also easily confirm from a top photo of the factory bumper.

I like this front bumper.

Couple questions that others may be interested in knowing:
  • Does it accommodate a Warn M8000?
  • Any pics with the "tube style small stinger"?
Thanks.
The M8000 will fit with relocating the control box to center of the winch or ontop of the bumper.
Unfortunately no photos yet of the stinger. We may be able to photoshop something but so far we have only done the full bull bar.

Hi Dan. Our tow hitch is a separate bolt on piece that tat will be the only difference. The easiest way to tell what frame you have is from the top of the bumper. If you cannot see the cross member from the top of the bumper you have the early 60 frame. If you can see some of the cross member you have the 62 frame. We can also easily confirm from a top photo of the factory bumper.
Awesome.

I never had a stock bumper on this truck, but I took it down to the frame and have lots of pictures of it. I’ll go look through them to figure out what I’ve got over the next few days.

Dan

@benc do we have to buy the swing outs at the same time or are they modular? I am not sure what i want to do on the swing outs yet.

@benc do we have to buy the swing outs at the same time or are they modular? I am not sure what i want to do on the swing outs yet.
Swingouts are modular and can be added/ordered at a later date.

Something to consider, depending on which swingarm options you go for they may also need to be shipped freight, so you save shipping costs ordering all at once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom