SAS Solid Axle Summit #7 Official Page (3 Viewers)

SAS #7 Color Choices for Swag and Trail Flags

• • Yellow / Mustard

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • • Sky Blue

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • • Pollux Orange

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • • Spring Green

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • • Capri Blue

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • • Rustic Green

Votes: 31 33.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just voted Pollux hoping to possibly influence a DUNE BEIGE option for 2024. 😉
1676325643695.jpeg

Washed it…that’s on the list to get ready right???

2C573267-4ABB-4719-8A11-7288DE533C93.jpeg

D7DA03BB-5449-49E4-8101-B1653736A814.jpeg

However I found an oil leak at the back of the engine. Looks like some leaking from the pushrod cover, hoping bolts are just loose.

Is the official ARB kit the only way to get replacement ARB parts?

Amazon product ASIN B004LQH6ME
It appears the price is the same everywhere. The end going into the bulkhead is leaking so I’m just going to repair it.
I suppose I could splice it at the frame, then repair, but doing both ends would be $70 which is ridiculous for some ferrules/tube and hose. My ARBs are at least 20 years old, Probabaly older.

Any McMaster carr ways about it?

Washed it…that’s on the list to get ready right???

View attachment 3247658

View attachment 3247657

However I found an oil leak at the back of the engine. Looks like some leaking from the pushrod cover, hoping bolts are just loose.

Is the official ARB kit the only way to get replacement ARB parts?

Amazon product ASIN B004LQH6ME
It appears the price is the same everywhere. The end going into the bulkhead is leaking so I’m just going to repair it.
I suppose I could splice it at the frame, then repair, but doing both ends would be $70 which is ridiculous for some ferrules/tube and hose. My ARBs are at least 20 years old, Probabaly older.

Any McMaster carr ways about it?
What is the OD of the ARB airline? I can't imagine it being proprietary and you could source all the hose and push lock unions through an air brake type supplier.

What is the OD of the ARB airline? I can't imagine it being proprietary and you could source all the hose and push lock unions through an air brake type supplier.
OD 5mm
ID 3.28

I might see if I can find something else online. I was being lazy and wondering if anyone else had been through the same.

OD 5mm
ID 3.28

I might see if I can find something else online. I was being lazy and wondering if anyone else had been through the same.
I just bought this on line.Amazon product ASIN B004LQH6ME
I got it for a trail spare…black 6mm line tho. The only ones I could find on line did not seem to be as good as ARB’s, at least according to reviews. Put it in my spare kit & know it will work if needed.

I don't think it matters where you get it from. It all gets old, and it all turns brittle after a while.

Here is 5mm tubing. $.77 per foot, which seems a little steep to me, but I haven't bought any in a while. 100' roll might be excessive, but you probably won't run out. Ever.

I couldn't find the cheap straight connectors for 5mm, (Just the stupid expensive ones) ,but if you have a line that gets kinked, or has a small hole, you can just clip the line and put a union in to get you back to a point to replace the whole line. Good idea to have a couple floating around I think.

Since I put all the effort into looking it up, I might have to order some stuff up myself.

Everyone should just change thier vote between the two leaders at this point.

View attachment 3248264
In the event of a tie in the voting we will do a coin flip as we did year 3. @fl4031003 is the person who came up with the idea of color choices for year 3. It will be witnessed and honored to keep it fair.
Thank you all for participating in the poll. We still have a few hours left before the poll closes and it is open to all Mud members.

In the event of a tie in the voting we will do a coin flip as we did year 3. @fl4031003 is the person who came up with the idea of color choices for year 3. It will be witnessed and honored to keep it fair.
Thank you all for participating in the poll. We still have a few hours left before the poll closes and it is open to all Mud members.
Will the votes count take days or weeks after the poll closes before we know the results? 🙄

Or I could pick for you. Completely non biased opinion here!! :)

I was actually talking to Gabe about this before we left SAS6. On the other side of town is the state land camping area. There is no reservations for it, so a first come basis. I was thinking of trying it since most of the KOA spots were already reserved when we left. It is called Amphitheater Campground if you want to check it out. Seems like a nice spot and puts you in town.
Bit of an uphill climb after a night on the town but a great campsite!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom