Changed Out Drivers Seatbelt got airbag light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
'99 TLC Changed the drivers seatbelt yesterday now I have a slowly flashing airbag light on my dash. I unplugged the battery for a few hours it when away yesterday but started this morning to a slowly flashing airbag light. Any help here would be appriciated.

Most likely the new seatbelt is bad. They have a charge in them to retract the belt if the airbag is triggered.

You can pull the code with an appropriate obd reader, and there is also a way to get it to flash a code in the manual by connecting pins in the engine bay port. Odds are though … You could plug in your old belt and see if it clears.

Not sure if it is bad I pulled it from my old '99 TLC and everything works on it (except the frame that is rusted through in many locations) but I will check for a code.

Not sure if it is bad I pulled it from my old '99 TLC and everything works on it (except the frame that is rusted through in many locations) but I will check for a code.
You really need to use Techstream to read the code(s). We ran into this on my son’s vehicle, and if I remember correctly, more generic code readers (Scangauge & iCarsoft) reported “no error codes”, while Techstream picked it up immediately.

You really need to use Techstream to read the code(s). We ran into this on my son’s vehicle, and if I remember correctly, more generic code readers (Scangauge & iCarsoft) reported “no error codes”, while Techstream picked it up immediately.
Yeah, that's what I meant by "appropriate." I have te Toyota modules for OBD Fusion and can read the airbag codes.

Okay so I haven't read codes but now the light is off again. Last night it did the same thing so I don't know what to do now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom